Tennessee/Kentucky Vacation

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB

Reaction score
Okay Guys and Gals,

We are going to be vacationing in the Smokey Mountains the 3rd week of May and I am trying to figure out the most enjoyable route there. What are some points of interest that our family may enjoy in your fine states?

By the way my kids range in ages from 9 to 13 if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Kentucky Horse Park off I-75 North of Lexington-KY.
Plenty of activities in and around the Smokeys - should be able to keep 'em busy. Watch out for them bears...

If you do come through Lexington way, it's super pretty country up there. Versailles, Lexington, Frankfort - pretty rolling hills, scenic horse farms.

The Horse Park is pretty neat...check online and see what's going on when ya'll might be passing through. Even people who aren't horse-crazy might like it. :)

Isn't Ruby Mountain around there somewhere.... I remember as a kid a trip to Florida and we stopped there. Went on the tour.. I remember being on the observation deck and the guide saying something about seeing 5 or 7 states from up there... got sick in the van on the way down the mountain...had a GREAT time!

Ruby Mines/ Rock City, is on the NC, TN, KY, VA, and WV border...lol. Well somewhere close, The caves are great and the view from the top is awesome. You can see something like 7 states, I can't remember exactly. I went as a kid and loved it.

You are gonna love Gatlinburg. Check out Mammoth cave KY, great tour. Rock city, Ruby falls, Fall creek falls all great to see. Have fun.

You can always book a working vacation here at my new dude ranch. Rates start at 795.00 a week plus gratuity. You get a complimentary pair of work gloves,post pounders, chain saw, and hammer all monogrammed with your name on it. Breathtaking views,continental breakfast of sausage on a stick.Call now, as I expect to be booked up right quick.

Thanks everyone for you replies!

Crowder - Sounds good, I'll drop the kids off on the 20th and pick them up again on my way back through. It shouldn't be more than 3-4 weeks, couple months tops.

But seriously, I'm really looking forward to the trip. I haven't ever been through that part of the country.

Tennessee is a beautiful state. We hold our Spring Production Sale in Paris and there is some beautiful country in that area. If you like antiquing you will be in heaven! Our Summer Field Days will be in Corryton near Knoxville in June, I am looking forward to exploring that area too. There is an Elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, I am not sure of the exact location or about their policy on visits but your kids might enjoy that if it is allowed. Of course there is always Pigeon Forge too.

Of corse you got to go to see dolly. Take a drive down 321
check out Roan Mt. Thay have some neet cabins And you can
also walk the appalachian trail.

Latest posts