Ten minutes to seven, 100 degrees...

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
...in the shade. On the north side of the house.
It's a scorcher for sure.
Several country roads are closed by drifting and blowing popcorn. When 20 acres pops, well, it gets deep.

PM. It was a chilly 85 at 7 AM. We're yankees, ala, we don't get a lot of this.

TV on in the next room and the news says it was 128 heat index in Memphis, today. I'll just shut up. :D

Yer gonna hate me for this but right now it's raining like a cow pi--ing on a flat rock and the temperature is 61 degrees.

The really good news is the pastures and the mushrooms are growing.

It was down right cold today at 2 pm. It was so cold I had chills and goose bumps and had to go get under some trees for shelter.

john250":3btam43x said:
Jogeephus":3btam43x said:
It was down right cold today at 2 pm. It was so cold I had chills and goose bumps and had to go get under some trees for shelter.

Slow down. You should be in the house at 2 pm.

That's what I've been trying to do but today was just one of those days when nothing went as planned. I consumed vast quantities of water and was sweating like a stuck pig but I just couldn't cool my body core down. Its miserably hot here now. Definitely a good reason we don't have feed lots in this area.

Jogeephus":27u06hxj said:
john250":27u06hxj said:
Jogeephus":27u06hxj said:

Slow down. You should be in the house at 2 pm.

That's what I've been trying to do but today was just one of those days when nothing went as planned. I consumed vast quantities of water and was sweating like a stuck pig but I just couldn't cool my body core down. Its miserably hot here now. Definitely a good reason we don't have feed lots in this area.
Been their more times than I'd like to remember...Not good at all. Doesn't take much to mess me up anymore.

john250":3bfngpgj said:
PM. It was a chilly 85 at 7 AM. We're yankees, ala, we don't get a lot of this.

TV on in the next room and the news says it was 128 heat index in Memphis, today. I'll just shut up. :D
I live 60 miles southwest of Memphis, an work outside most of the day. It's tough keeping things muddy now.

We just got a nice shower, hopefully that will cool things down a bit. We were getting dry.

Larry

Still 80F at 9pm tonight, was 88F this afternoon when I was feeding calves and that was not fun.

Going to be glad to get back to Idaho/Wyoming where the temperature during the day might be hot, but at least we don't have humidity on top of it. :p

The rain was all south of us but at least we are getting some relief from the heat. Not nearly as humid and hot today and they are calling for it to get down to 68 degrees overnight. We haven't had a temp that cool since early May. It's 8:20 and down to 82, with the lower humidity it don't feel bad.

Several country roads are closed by drifting and blowing popcorn. When 20 acres pops, well, it gets deep.

Know and old man that said it got so hot that all the corn in the crib started popping and his stupid mule thought it was snowing and backed up in a corner of the barn and froze to death. Said when he found him he was froze stiff. I know it was 107 here Monday, and don't know if it was the heat, but I kinda beleived him.

john250":1qgzm0ym said:
PM. It was a chilly 85 at 7 AM. >>>We're yankees, ala, <<<we don't get a lot of this.

im sorry,,, you have my condolences :cowboy:

Latest posts