temporary fencing

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I really don't feel like working too hard today cause I caught the seasons first cold. I'm looking at my temporary fencing and realize it has to come up sometime. Besides the obvious winding it up around the original spool, does anyone have any ideas on how to make this easier? :help:

Thanks for any help!

If you're talking about polywire they sell some spools that are geared so it takes less winding.

I mount a pipe on either the loader or 3 point on one of the tractors and slide the spool over the pipe. Then I use a bolt through one of the outside holes on the spool as a handle and wind it up. I'm sure there are nicer setups but probably none cheaper.

MM, I bought a couple spools made just for rolling up poly wire.
At Mills Fleet Farm. They work real nice and cheap. About 10 years ago ?$15. Have no idea if they still sell them?

Plywood ends with some crossed pieces of timber between like the barbed wire spools . Then bend some stiff fencing wire to form a handle and glue it in the center.

This is your reel now all you need is a support handle and its already insulated so you can do it with the power on.

tytower":60sgrzzw said:
This is your reel now all you need is a support handle and its already insulated so you can do it with the power on.

tytower, one thing I NEVER do is mess around with the fencing when the power is on! I've landed on my butt more times than I can count :oops: Thanks for the tips guys. I took an old tire rim for the spool and rigged it up like ChrisB does. Works pretty good.