Tell you a little story

Help Support CattleToday:

Colorado is interesting:
The rural vote is swamped by the urban vote.

Denver and Fort Collins voted blue while the rest of the state was solid red.

Your ideals and values are different than most of ours Ron, which might be why your looking for entertainment. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy God, Guns and Guts will just about do it. It's very apparent to me that he knows how to hire the right people for the job. And anyone that's ever owned or managed a business knows exactly what I'm talking about. Probably the biggest plus for me is, at least we'll have a pretty first lady with this president.

True Grit Farms":5l68ikns said:
Your ideals and values are different than most of ours Ron, which might be why your looking for entertainment. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy God, Guns and Guts will just about do it. It's very apparent to me that he knows how to hire the right people for the job. And anyone that's ever owned or managed a business knows exactly what I'm talking about. Probably the biggest plus for me is, at least we'll have a pretty first lady with this president.

If he does nothing more than fix some of our balance of trade issues and create an environment that encourages creation of wealth in this nation, I don't care what the first lady looks like.

Margonme":2rrg619k said:
True Grit Farms":2rrg619k said:

If he does nothing more than fix some of our balance of trade issues and create an environment that encourages creation of wealth in this nation, I don't care what the first lady looks like.

Well having to look at mooshell was bad, but bill would of been a lot worse. You might just be on the wrong side of the wealth creating, I know I am. The wealthiest people in the world live and made it right here.

M-5":3g1zrqr5 said:
If he will cut 1/2 of the federal jobs and get rid of this regulation ,most of rest will fix itself.

M-5, those two orders of business should be easy to accomplish. He has a Republican House and Senate. Having said that, I bet it does not happen.

Margonme":k5378v8x said:
M-5":k5378v8x said:
If he will cut 1/2 of the federal jobs and get rid of this regulation ,most of rest will fix itself.

M-5, those two orders of business should be easy to accomplish. He has a Republican House and Senate. Having said that, I bet it does not happen.

you should check with a few folks that have wagered bets with me lately.

M-5":9vxsiaw9 said:
Margonme":9vxsiaw9 said:
M-5":9vxsiaw9 said:

you should check with a few folks that have wagered bets with me lately.

I will take your bet. :D. Send me your terms via PM. Lol. 1/2 the federal workforce. I will even spot you odds in your favor.

You might be surprised how many Republicans will run away from that. They covet those jobs in their districts and states. Good example of hypocrisy. I remember when there was a proposal to eliminate the The United States Bureau of Reclamation (USBR), formerly the United States Reclamation Service, in Billings, Montana. The Montana Republican Senator stopped it cold.

Cross-7":3f8f2n9v said:
Margonme":3f8f2n9v said:
I got to say, it has no such affect on me.

I am by nature optimistic. Part of my personality. But that is not the reason this election or any election does not affect me that way.

Much of what has happened to our country is the result of economic changes that a democratic society naturally goes through. No one person or even an entire body of people could have prevented it.

Our standard of living escalated rapidly in comparison to the rest of the world. The American people demanded a lot of benefits during our growth years - social security, pensions, disability, education, and other entitlements. WE GOT WHAT WE ASK FOR.

Trump cannot change the course of American history. The US is a huge meteor going through space and he does not have the power to change that course. No one does.

I regret bursting bubbles but 4 years from now, I expect a lot of disappointed Americans. It would not surprise me to see a democratic resurgence when voters see that a Republican dominated government did not restore the American dream and their unrealistic ideas that we all deserve utopia.

This country has lacked for leadership, but the main problem is not as much government as it is the American People.

Having said that, By HeII, I think he will be the most fun President to watch in my lifetime. So just enjoy the entertainment. :D

I won't argue with the smartest guy in the room but I'm going to do my part to help this country all I can.
Maybe now my tax dollars won't be be nice away on extravagant vacations

I respectfully disagree with Cross' statement above. I also have some comments on Marg's statements. The past administration has been the most divisive in my memory. EVERYTHING Obama tended to do was politically motivated. Opening the borders is just one example. This was not done to help the poor (and down trodden) but was done to increase the political base for the Dems - and it almost worked. Further, I don't think Trump will help a lot but it WILL be better than the past 8 years.

lavacarancher":de415noi said:
Cross-7":de415noi said:
Margonme":de415noi said:
I got to say, it has no such affect on me.

I am by nature optimistic. Part of my personality. But that is not the reason this election or any election does not affect me that way.

Much of what has happened to our country is the result of economic changes that a democratic society naturally goes through. No one person or even an entire body of people could have prevented it.

Our standard of living escalated rapidly in comparison to the rest of the world. The American people demanded a lot of benefits during our growth years - social security, pensions, disability, education, and other entitlements. WE GOT WHAT WE ASK FOR.

Trump cannot change the course of American history. The US is a huge meteor going through space and he does not have the power to change that course. No one does.

I regret bursting bubbles but 4 years from now, I expect a lot of disappointed Americans. It would not surprise me to see a democratic resurgence when voters see that a Republican dominated government did not restore the American dream and their unrealistic ideas that we all deserve utopia.

This country has lacked for leadership, but the main problem is not as much government as it is the American People.

Having said that, By HeII, I think he will be the most fun President to watch in my lifetime. So just enjoy the entertainment. :D

I won't argue with the smartest guy in the room but I'm going to do my part to help this country all I can.
Maybe now my tax dollars won't be be nice away on extravagant vacations

I respectfully disagree with Cross' statement above. I also have some comments on Marg's statements. The past administration has been the most divisive in my memory. EVERYTHING Obama tended to do was politically motivated. Opening the borders is just one example. This was not done to help the poor (and down trodden) but was done to increase the political base for the Dems - and it almost worked. Further, I don't think Trump will help a lot but it WILL be better than the past 8 years.

Your comments are reasonable. I don't remember any administration that was not political and I agree with you that Trump can not change much. In fact, the office of the President without cooperation from the legislature cannot be effective. To be effective, he will have to compromise with Senate and House members. There lies some serious roadblocks.

Right now, IMO, the most powerful position in government is the Senate Majority Leader. For legislation to move, the Majority Leader has tremendous control. With a Republican House and President, many things become possible. I assume Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell will remain. And he is VERY political.

I'm not optimistic. It has nothing to do with Trump. It has everything to do with the losing side. People are crying, SOBBING!, that Hillary lost. And why? Because a woman lost. If the only qualifier for getting your vote is race, gender, sexual orientation, something is wrong with you. I have, and will continue, to vote for any candidate that I see fit to work for a stronger, better America. So, until these people start growing up, and stop spewing hate towards those who voted for Trump, I don't see things improving.

I've usually shrugged off the Right's accusation of academia as being overly liberal and accepting of immature behavior. Partly because I grew up in a republic household in which my father was a college professor, and partly because I never looked at it as scrupulously as I maybe should have. I always chalked it up to hyperbole. It appears, though, there's something to it. This makes me sick, and contributes to my lack of optimism.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/09/ya ... p-win.html

I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but I just can't be as optimistic as you guys are.

Margonme":1r4q85xv said:
Right now, IMO, the most powerful position in government is the Senate Majority Leader. For legislation to move, the Majority Leader has tremendous control. With a Republican House and President, many things become possible. I assume Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell will remain. And he is VERY political.

He's for sale. He killed about as many bills as Harry Reid even when he had the majority the senate got nothing done.

TexasBred":1igigvx7 said:
Margonme":1igigvx7 said:

He's for sale. He killed about as many bills as Harry Reid even when he had the majority the senate got nothing done.

Kentucky folks have a love hate relationship with him. Many conservatives feel like he throws too much pork out to his constituents much like Bob Byrd of West Virginia did for his constituents. But when it comes to closing an important deal, his savvy is admired.

Margonme":wa2e3tgw said:
I just peeked but how the heck did this post move from little house on the prairie to Ron's Kentucky Trash so quickly?