Tell me...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisonb

Reaction score
Was at a flea market on Saturday and was standing around chatting to friends. I noticed a grey haired gentleman walk past, stop and look back at me. He stood looking at me for a while and I thought "Oh no, this is going to be one of those awkward moments when I should know the person but my memory has failed me". He walked towards me and calmly stated 'Don't worry about who I am, I have a message for you. I just want to tell you that the Lord has great plans for you in 2018". He turned around and walked away. I just stood there with a dumb look on my face :oops:

So tell me...if something similar happened to you what would you think?

alisonb":385a3n47 said:
Was at a flea market on Saturday and was standing around chatting to friends. I noticed a grey haired gentleman walk past, stop and look back at me. He stood looking at me for a while and I thought "Oh no, this is going to be one of those awkward moments when I should know the person but my memory has failed me". He walked towards me and calmly stated 'Don't worry about who I am, I have a message for you. I just want to tell you that the Lord has great plans for you in 2018". He turned around and walked away. I just stood there with a dumb look on my face :oops:

So tell me...if something similar happened to you what would you think?
I'd say thank you ... If its a word from God your winner, if not you still are...

Just smile, say thank you and be happy that in fact you just accepted a blessing from someone.

Some will joke about it and some will not.

In the end it will not hurt you if it is true or false.

No danger to you or the family - carry on - enjoy the day.

Assuming he does not have the power of prophecy, I'd say thanks and move on.

TV evangelist use that line. Goes like this:

The Lord has great plans for you. Maybe you have kids in college. Maybe you need the kitchen remodeled, or a new car.

Send us $30, or $50, what ever you can afford and the Lord will bless you a 1000 fold.

I have known people on both sides of this story. Two different single gals on different occasions trying to figure out how to get the most possible food for their kids with their last $20. They had a person who they didn't know step up and hand them $20-$50 and say God put it on my heart to give you this. And I know a couple of people were moved to be the giver only to have the person they were giving to break down in tears because they were at the end of their rope.

So I suppose I'd better get off my butt and stop loafing...thought I was sorted for the year :lol:

Jokes aside, I can't remember what the man looked like, just that he had grey hair :eek:

Thanks all...really appreciate your replies!

You sure it wasn;t the airport and a hari krishna

Bright Raven":1trysxb9 said:

The Lord has great plans for you. Maybe you have kids in college. Maybe you need the kitchen remodeled, or a new car.

Send us $30, or $50, what ever you can afford and the Lord will bless you a 1000 fold.
Wouldn't expect any thing less from you..but from seeing your mental status in the past I'm sure your taking medication now...

ALACOWMAN":1alfn49c said:
Bright Raven":1alfn49c said:

Wouldn't expect any thing less from you..but from seeing your mental status in the past I'm sure your taking medication now...

Are you offended?

Hey, if that makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

Bright Raven":2a9zbzoq said:
ALACOWMAN":2a9zbzoq said:
Bright Raven":2a9zbzoq said:

Are you offended?

well one offence deserves another, don't it...just turning the table..

ALACOWMAN":2jwot8yr said:
Bright Raven":2jwot8yr said:
ALACOWMAN":2jwot8yr said:

Are you offended?

well one offence deserves another, don't it...just turning the table..

You cannot offend me. My Constitution prohibits it. You are helpless to do anything but waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.