Tell me...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alacowman

You are offended by my post. That is obvious.

Question: what in that post specifically offends you?

For reference:

TV evangelist use that line. Goes like this:

The Lord has great plans for you. Maybe you have kids in college. Maybe you need the kitchen remodeled, or a new car.

Send us $30, or $50, what ever you can afford and the Lord will bless you a 1000 fold.

I've had several people tell me this before while at work. I take it as a compliment and always hope they are right. In all honestly, I've had struggles, but the reality is they are right. I've lived a pretty charmed life compared with a lot of folks. Now if that's attributed to the Almighty or not, who knows. I'm not sure I have deserved such, but I have also tried to earn it by not being a chump whenever possible.

Alacowman,

Sorry I offended you. My assessment of TV evangelical ministries has been demonstrated over and over. They fleece the sheep and get the flock out. I respect your right to hold them in high esteem if you will grant me the privilege to consider them the scum of the earth. I don't consider this in any shape or form, personal between us.

Bright Raven":370aek9t said:
Alacowman,

Sorry I offended you. My assessment of TV evangelical ministries has been demonstrated over and over. They fleece the sheep and get the flock out. I respect your right to hold them in high esteem if you will grant me the privilege to consider them the scum of the earth. I don't consider this in any shape or form, personal between us.
Could care less what you think of them.. Or me for that matter.. Just don't like you spewing your atheism and then running down religion...

ALACOWMAN":py2sawi7 said:
Bright Raven":py2sawi7 said:
Alacowman,

Could care less what you think of them.. Or me for that matter.. Just don't like you spewing your atheism and then running down religion...

I am not offended by your spewing Christianity. It is a two way path.

Bright Raven":29200r6v said:
Alacowman,

Not all. Check this preacher out Raven. He has long been dead but his message is pretty clear. "Keep your money, I don't want your money" I've heard him say. Simple, humble and to the point. Definitely NOT scum of the earth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Xlv6X8Ws4

zirlottkim":3bnhdoqz said:
Bright Raven":3bnhdoqz said:
Alacowman,

Not all. Check this preacher out Raven. He has long been dead but his message is pretty clear. "Keep your money, I don't want your money" I've heard him say. Simple, humble and to the point. Definitely NOT scum of the earth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Xlv6X8Ws4

I thought Billy Graham was decent. But the line on the great majority of TV evangelical ministries is scum of the earth. I will concede there are exceptions to the rule.

Bright Raven":2d4pmrtv said:
ALACOWMAN":2d4pmrtv said:
Bright Raven":2d4pmrtv said:
Alacowman,

you are offended, or else you would have let it die while ago..but it's not in you...

ALACOWMAN":15gvf4lo said:
Bright Raven":15gvf4lo said:
ALACOWMAN":15gvf4lo said:

you are offended, or else you would have let it die while ago..but it's not in you...

People believe what they want to. But you got offended. It did not start with me.

Let us leave it for the reader to decide.

Bright Raven":4ukjibao said:
ALACOWMAN":4ukjibao said:
Bright Raven":4ukjibao said:

People believe what they want to. But you got offended. It did not start with me.

Let us leave it for the reader to decide.
see What I mean...you have a child mentality , the reader can decide what they want..don't care who it started with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts