Technical issues with this forum

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
Whenever I use this site lately, it is very sluggish with me. Scrolling and typing is very delayed due to it freezing up. The situation comes and goes, so I am able to function, but very slowly. This is the only forum I have this issue. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions as to why I'm having this issue?

I am having the very same problem, and it is only with this site and I also restarted my computer and it did not help. it started about 3 weeks ago

I did delete browsing history does that also delete cookies?
as most on here knows I'm not to computer smart

BRYANT":gysg98pi said:
Most browsers let you select to keep or delete cookies when you delete the history.
I delete cookies too but keep passwords

BRYANT":3c604tp7 said:

Here is a tip -

Simply Google search whatever you want to know how to do, but don't.

Go to google, type in "delete cookies Internet explorer (or whatever browser you are using)"

You'll find step by step instructions on how to do whatever it is you asked Google. Be careful what you ask, there isn't much Google won't tell you how to do.

dun":1pp1mlli said:
Have you deleted cookies and browsing history?

No, but I'll try it. What does that do? Can a computer have too many cookies? I haven't deleted them in forever.

I exclusively get on the forum from my phone. It seems to give a computer fits.

herofan":2np1fyds said:
dun":2np1fyds said:

No, but I'll try it. What does that do? Can a computer have too many cookies? I haven't deleted them in forever.

Yes you can have too many cookies and some cookies will get tracked by other sites helping slow your computer down. Don't worry about what happens if I delete the all, delete them all and nothing will happen. You'll get the cookie back when you visit the site again, for example you have a cookie from Cattle today, you delete all your cookies them go and visit cattle today you'll have another cookie from that site. You also want to download a free spyware program and check for bugs, spyware and malware will really slow down your computer........ Sorry to add on to the confusion.

Alan":2nabx1i8 said:
herofan":2nabx1i8 said:
dun":2nabx1i8 said:

Yes you can have too many cookies and some cookies will get tracked by other sites helping slow your computer down. Don't worry about what happens if I delete the all, delete them all and nothing will happen. You'll get the cookie back when you visit the site again, for example you have a cookie from Cattle today, you delete all your cookies them go and visit cattle today you'll have another cookie from that site. You also want to download a free spyware program and check for bugs, spyware and malware will really slow down your computer........ Sorry to add on to the confusion.
The worst that can happen is that he will have to log completely in next time he visits and his computer 'may' not show posts that have not been read. The last part of that is controlled by 'persistant cookies' rather than the temp cookies that are set by just visiting a website.

SJB":846s4ogh said:
BRYANT":846s4ogh said:

Here is a tip -

Simply Google search whatever you want to know how to do, but don't.

Go to google, type in "delete cookies Internet explorer (or whatever browser you are using)"

You'll find step by step instructions on how to do whatever it is you asked Google. Be careful what you ask, there isn't much Google won't tell you how to do.

I also use Google search for my search on CT. It finds what I'm looking for infinitely better than the search feature on this site. 99% of the time, google will link me back to a post from this site that is exactly what I was looking for, but would have had to sift through page after page of non relevant info had I used the site search feature (when it does in fact work).

No problems lately. I do run an ad blocker and Malware all the time and about once a week go to "Tools" and run a complete disc cleanup which gets rid of browsing history, cookies and defrags the disc.

I've never had trouble with the board itself, tho I have had trouble with my network and browser resolving CT's dns. It that case tho, the board website won't load at all. "Web page not found" error.

Latest posts