Taylor Wartin tank vs MVE

Help Support CattleToday:

Amo

Reaction score
Chambers, NE (125 miles W. of Souix City IA or 110
I know of a TW HC 34 tank for sale. Most people around here have MVE. Is it more or less Ford vs Chevy or is there really a difference? I also see an advertizer on here CT? Anybody have one of them.

Yes I know and have read on here about used tanks and know that end of it. He has it priced at about 1/3 of retail. Im guessing its 10 years old, and had been dry for 6 years. I don't know if Im going to buy it or not. Just mainly wondering about TW vs MVE.

I have an MVE. It works fine but then I got it new 3 years ago so it better not have any issues yet. I think if you are looking at new I would let price dictate which one I bought. Used is hard to say. I wouldn't be all that keen on buying a 10 year old tank and filling it full of expensive semen.

IF I got it Id just put nitrogen in it first and see how it went. Its way bigger than what I really need. So keeping it charged will cost me more. Yet what kinda tank can you buy new for $250? Like I said, Ive discussed with several people about used tanks. Guess what Im thinking is if I dump nitrogen in it and no frost or excessive drop, Id have trading material maybe? Or if I like it I guess Id have a huge tank. If its shot, Im out 2 tanks of fuel for my diesel pickup.

I have an MVE my main storage tank, and also a CT10 that I use, only had the CT for less that a yr, claims to have 77 day static, never tested it but at 45 days still over 1/2 full, thiunk I paid $399 for it. Only problem i have with it, is I feel the neck could have been made a little bigger, sometimes have to work to get cannisters out! Other than that no problems at all. They also have a CT6 that is smaller.

I bought the first ct sold. I'm still happy with my purchase.
I keep it stored at the vet clinic where they keep it full. The guy who takes care of all the tanks says it is equal to any of the others he takes care of.

hopalong":2dyoujvf said:
I have an MVE my main storage tank, and also a CT10 that I use, only had the CT for less that a yr, claims to have 77 day static, never tested it but at 45 days still over 1/2 full, thiunk I paid $399 for it. Only problem i have with it, is I feel the neck could have been made a little bigger, sometimes have to work to get cannisters out! Other than that no problems at all. They also have a CT6 that is smaller.
Neck size is a double edged sword. Too small and it's a pain to manipulate cannisters and semen/embryo capacity goes down, too big and the holding time goes down but capaicity goes up.

Talked to ABS man today. He basicly said they are both good. Just stated a MVE if its a 16 week hed bet the ranch that its good for 16 weeks. A TW 16 is more like 14. Also stated that the TW is a tick harder to get canisters back into. Im not super skilled at that with a MVE.

Im really thinking about it as trading material. Ive got 4 reps within 60 miles. They do store some themselves. Heck I think it would hold 2000 units! It says it has 6- 11" canisters. Thats dia of the canisters...right :help: Capacity is 570x1.2ml &2.0mL vials. Whats all that crap mean!? I don't think Id want to carry it full of N very far. The CT's look interesting with the cover on the outside. The pics they have really didn't show it open from the top and etc. All Ive ever looked at is a MVE. I would imagine they are all the same pretty much, but then again????

I have had a MVE Millenuim XC20 for about three years and it's been great. I have the rep come by every three months to fill it just to be safe, it's never been too low. I paid less than $500 for my tank, and the rep filled it for free.

One thing people don't consider allot of times is the amount of semen in the tank, the more semen in the tank, the less room for nitrogen, so they don't last as many days when they are full of semen.

If you are going to pay $250 plus a tank of fuel at todays prices, I believe I would just buy a new tank and be done with it.

Latest posts