Taurus 738 TCP .380

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these little pocket guns?

How's it working out for you?

taurus-1-tau_1_738039.jpg

My friend has one let me shoot it and it cut the crap out of me... I think my hands are too big... If its that really small one with a knife clip on it to clip on your pocket like a knife.

skyhightree1":2de0b4tg said:
My friend has one let me shoot it and it cut the crap out of me... I think my hands are too big... If its that really small one with a knife clip on it to clip on your pocket like a knife.
A friend of mine, 6'8" former ND lineman, has one.

Great little gun . Have had one for couple of years. Carry it in a billfold holster, hardly know its there.

I like Taurus , when I had a 380 I had a bersa 380 it fit me better and was nice little gun it was very accurate. I traded it back in 09 or 10 cause ammo was hard to locate. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

M5farm":1g0dmqpp said:
I like Taurus , when I had a 380 I had a bersa 380 it fit me better and was nice little gun it was very accurate. I traded it back in 09 or 10 cause ammo was hard to locate. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

I have a bersa firestorm and that gun is accurate as shyt.

skyhightree1":2wd21ltp said:
M5farm":2wd21ltp said:

I have a bersa firestorm and that gun is accurate as shyt.
I had the thunder. I really liked it . I bought it new for like 150 bucks in 08.

skyhightree1":193q0xzr said:
I was wrong he informed me its a ruger lcp .380 that cut my hand.
Biggish hands and a high crip are almost a certain recipe for disaster.

HDRider":y6vasjtg said:
skyhightree1":y6vasjtg said:

Why the heck does he need a gun?

Have had a few of them and they done well for me. Sold each of them for a profit so they done well.
Seriously, I think Taurus gets a bad rap as being a cheap pistol when really they are pretty darn dependable.

Don't have that one but bought a S&W 380 bodyguard I bought off a guy. Neat little gun. Love he laser on it.

TennesseeTuxedo":1kitocoh said:
HDRider":1kitocoh said:
skyhightree1":1kitocoh said:

Why the heck does he need a gun?
I'll tell you, he and I ride together, or used to, he sold his bike. We'd be in some situations and his statement was always the same. "I ain't scared."

I ask him one time, "If a guy like you took to wanting to beat me up and he had no gun, would I be justified in shooting him?" He said, "H311 yes!"

I had a TCP just like the one pictured cept in was all blued. They rock your hand pretty good. I ended up selling it to buy a S&W .380 Bodyguard w/ lazer. Really like the Bodyguard. B&G

The reason I asked is I have one and it was jamming.

I sent it to Taurus. They have a lifetime warranty.

Just got it back. Shot three mags out with no jam.

I am back in their corner.

Here's my LCP with a bill fold holster. The holster works real good for folks with big hands.
Taurus is a good gun, a little ruff around the edges. But very dependable.

When I had the gunshop I sold a lot of Taurus. I only had one experience with their customer service. I sold a 9 shot 22 to one putz that but several bricks (not boxes, BRICKS) of short and long rifles mixed through it and never cleaned it. He came in one day all POed because the cylinder hadn;t locked up square with the forcing cone. The top strap had bulged but he hadn;t noticed that. It turned out there was so much lead/lube/crud on the front of the cylinder that when it was cocked a layer of crap shaved off the front of the cylinder and gummed up around the outside of the forcing cone. The rest of the story is short and sweet. I shipped it back to Taurus and a week after I shipped it I got a brand new gun from them to replace the other one, No Charge. I had even shipped the damaged one to them on their call tag.

I have a Taurus .40 cal, cant count the rounds that have been through it,very accurate and not a misfire yet, looking to get the .380 for the wife.

HDRider":16tqtcie said:
Anyone got one of these little pocket guns?

How's it working out for you?

taurus-1-tau_1_738039.jpg

Shot my cousins didn't like the gun.
I prefer the Sig 238 old Colt design.
in the pocket rockets the S&W felt the best in the cheap 380's.

The Colt and Sig are not cheap about double the S&W, Ruger and Taurus.
I always believed if you were going to carry a firearm for self defense you needed to practice with it
on a regular basis. The Ruger and Taurus are not pleasant to practice with.

Latest posts