Tankless Water heater.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Anyone got one? Paul Harvey said they are great. Cost of the Rainni(sp) brand is 600 to 1300, depending on model and installation.

Scotty

Scotty":12phl10r said:
Anyone got one? Paul Harvey said they are great. Cost of the Rainni(sp) brand is 600 to 1300, depending on model and installation.

Scotty
Doesn't it just amaze you (it does me) that all the celebrities that advertise products (that they get for free) if they even really use them,say they are the BEST :?: Plus get paid for saying it!

The ones that run on gas are okay. Stay away from the electric ones. I don't have one myself, but I've installed them in some of the homes I've built. I haven't had any complaints thus far.

The theory behind them is sound. They will save energy. It will take several years for one to save enough money to achieve a financial payback. Don't undersize. Make sure you get one big enough to for you home and your needs.

Whats wrong with the electric ones? I was planning to get one. It has to be electric because I won't be using any kind of gas for heating.... going the geothermal route.

greenwillowherefords":kxb255b9 said:
Doesn't Bosch also make one that is less expensive?

Yep, wouldn't necessarily recommend the cheaper one. The model 250 would be better. It will run you $950 plus. Installation and venting will be in addition to that. They make a version that works on natural gas and one that runs on propane.

bward":341g0zy8 said:
Whats wrong with the electric ones? I was planning to get one. It has to be electric because I won't be using any kind of gas for heating.... going the geothermal route.

Here are the specs on a typical electrical unit (A larger one). This unit requires 120 amps of power at 240 volts for operation. This unit is about $650

My eperience with these units is they don't perform well. If you are going tankless, I'd recommend considering gas.
JMO

"Provides 3.7 gallons per minute for water usage at 105°F - 2 sinks simultaneously or 1 shower or bathtub. (Assumes 55°F inlet temperature.)
Provides 3.0 gallons per minute for water usage at 115°F* - 2 sinks simultaneously or 1 dishwasher. (*Assumes 55°F inlet temperature.)
Thermostat for constant output temperature
95 percent average efficiency rating
Electronic flow switch
3/4 inch brass male NPT fittings
External tempurature control knob
Filter screen on inlet
Thermal cut-out for safety
Flow sensor to provide a constant output tempurature
Endless hot water
Dimensions: (H)15.5 inches x (W)15.25 inches x (D)4.5 inches
Weight: 22 lbs
240V/208V
Kilowatts 26.85/20kw
Amps 120/101 (3 x 40 amps)
Wire size 8 gauge (6 conductors and ground)
Warranty for Entire unit- 1 year, for Heat Exchanger- 10 years
Warranty is only good if installed by a licensed contractor
AE125

*Endless hot water for 2 major application at a time
Please read gallons per minute usage up top

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2z5otb0w said:
Our hot water heater is Propane. We had to put one in a couple years back. Works pretty good. Are we just old-fashioned or does anyone else have a propane water heater??

I have heard Paul Harvey talking about that rinnai (SP) He says they are good but never seen one or heard of anyone that has one.

IMO propane or natural gas is by far the most economical way to heat your house and your hot water.

If Paul Harvey is recommending it, that's probably a good reason not to buy one. If you ever get the chance find out if he has one. That'll shut him up. Most of the people that do the recommending are getting paid to recommend. JMO

Wilson_Cattle_Company":23qm2589 said:
Our hot water heater is Propane. We had to put one in a couple years back. Works pretty good. Are we just old-fashioned or does anyone else have a propane water heater??

I have heard Paul Harvey talking about that rinnai (SP) He says they are good but never seen one or heard of anyone that has one.
Avery, these are tankless their talking about. There an on demand type of deal.And yeah lots of people up here have tank type propane water heaters

We just installed a Bosch after our flooding. They are small and fit in the stairwell instead of the basement in case we ever flood again.
Anyhow, it works great. Ours is gas. The downside is that it takes a little longer to get hot water from the tap. It is something you learn to deal with though and it isn't that bad. The upside is the size, the gas bill is cheaper and you never run out of hot water. I love that part. Had we been thinking we would have gotten one in the first place. Why pay to heat water all day when you aren't home and then run out at night when you have to do too many loads of laundry and have showers? :roll: This is far more sensible.

Latest posts