Talk about potential

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz":t3q9rn0x said:
Jovid":t3q9rn0x said:
blackcowz":t3q9rn0x said:
DOC!!!!! Someone posted a hairball! :D Wow, amazed that you haven't gotten more replies than that. Last time I posted a SH bull with that much hair, I got a pretty good talking to. But a decent bull none the less. Not so sure I'd call him "framey", but hard to tell. Here's a bull I'll be using on perhaps some Hereford and roan cows next summer. Not really wild color, but a solid bull here. This bull is owned by Olson Family Shorthorns and his name is Hi-View Red Diamond.

100_0655.jpg

100_0652.jpg

do you have a picture of him not fitted out in the pasture? I would like to see him in his "natural" state, not all fitted up.

Hair does hide a lot of flaws

Actually, not by any means arguing, he wasn't sprayed full of glue and oil for this pic. However, the owner is going to get me some "natural" pictures of this fella. He was breeding cows at the time, and was shed out. I'll post the pics as soon as I get them.

WHAT?! Have you looked at those legs? He must have someone following him round with a comb, blower and glue can to make sure he doesn't get mussed up after serving a cow.

A bull breeding cows DOESN'T look like this.

Having said that, this bull is 'just' a bull IMO. I'd like to see him when he's not fitted. I'm guessing he's not too old. I suspect he's a bit light on bone (I could be wrong), he lacks natural softness and fleshing, and I'd like to see an extra rib. He's also very rusty in colour. I can't comment a great deal on structure because of the fluff.
He's got a good sheath.
An ok herd bull, but I wouldn't use him.

Thanks Aussie cowgirl :)

He's older than I thought but I still like him!!

Maybe cuz I like a bit of flash... lol

Can't get over the looks of the show cattle, the way they fluff 'em up and make their legs look so posty!

The red bull is nice, but still would take the first one over him, just my personal preference :mrgreen:

Killala":1nrp6tb2 said:
WHAT?! Have you looked at those legs? He must have someone following him round with a comb, blower and glue can to make sure he doesn't get mussed up after serving a cow.

A bull breeding cows DOESN'T look like this.

Having said that, this bull is 'just' a bull IMO. I'd like to see him when he's not fitted. I'm guessing he's not too old. I suspect he's a bit light on bone (I could be wrong), he lacks natural softness and fleshing, and I'd like to see an extra rib. He's also very rusty in colour. I can't comment a great deal on structure because of the fluff.
He's got a good sheath.
An ok herd bull, but I wouldn't use him.

To save on length, I cut out the pics. This is this bull's promo picture. Not his breeding one. Just to clear that up a bit. But actually, his hair was really well trained. If you look at the legs, you will notice that they aren't "sticky" with glue, and not painted over. Just some light holding oil and some hard work will really work wonders on leg hair.

Latest posts