Talk about Hybrid Vigor

Help Support CattleToday:

simangus23

Reaction score
This summer was the first time I had the opportunity to feed Ancient White Park x Angus in the feedyard
Their rate of Gain from 205 to 365 was phenomenal

Their feed conversion and ADG was outstanding and any guesses what they have been grading on the Rail?

simangus23":28l2nji4 said:
This summer was the first time I had the opportunity to feed Ancient White Park x Angus in the feedyard

Their feed conversion and ADG was outstanding and any guesses what they have been grading on the Rail?

I care, what are the numbers?????

Geez Jovid, why can't we all just get along.

3waycross":26qbksd1 said:
simangus23":26qbksd1 said:

I care, what are the numbers?????

Geez Jovid, why can't we all just get along.

He doesn't have any numbers.....That is why I said who cares. Read some of his other post all bull with nothing to back it up.

Sim has a head full of numbers. So did Jethro Boudine. Naught and naught is naught, carry your one, naught plus one is 6.25 lbs. per head per day gain before lunch. :banana:

TexasBred":2vv2x3mg said:
Sim has a head full of numbers. So did Jethro Boudine. Naught and naught is naught, carry your one, naught plus one is 6.25 lbs. per head per day gain before lunch. :banana:

Now that's some funny stuff, I don't care who you are. Sim you're not going to take it laying down are you? :banana:

I can tell they want the numbers-- not gonna give it to them-- decided these boys were too busy managing the culls that never will end up in the feedyard, but instead will be on the cull of the month cattle pages. I might come back sometime when I see some real interest in this evaluation. Furthermore, I doubt any one of these chuckleheads couldnt even afford an Ancient White Park Bull anyway. There are only 3 breeders in the US--- and only 2000 head worldwide.
But I did see some real promise in that cross, which happened by accident lol. It's amazing what some good Angus genetics can do for any breed, but the hybrid vigor will definately make a believer out of you when looking at this cross -- more growth than I have ever seen out of any cross to date--- interesting to me anyway.

Sim

simangus23":3hhepcaa said:
I can tell they want the numbers-- not gonna give it to them-- decided these boys were too busy managing the culls that never will end up in the feedyard, but instead will be on the cull of the month cattle pages. I might come back sometime when I see some real interest in this evaluation. Furthermore, I doubt any one of these chuckleheads couldnt even afford an Ancient White Park Bull anyway. There are only 3 breeders in the US--- and only 2000 head worldwide.
But I did see some real promise in that cross, which happened by accident lol. It's amazing what some good Angus genetics can do for any breed, but the hybrid vigor will definately make a believer out of you when looking at this cross -- more growth than I have ever seen out of any cross to date--- interesting to me anyway.

Sim

I guess this proves a point about Sim.....all BULL and no show. :lol2: :lol2: :banana:

simangus23":14x5h6gz said:

Sim

Dude whats the deal :help:

I'm kinda a s##t stirrer but you make no real points on many of your posts what are your goals on this board and in the cattle industry :?:

simangus23":28kiq3gh said:
There are only 3 breeders in the US--- and only 2000 head worldwide.
But I did see some real promise in that cross, which happened by accident lol.
Sim

Kinda figure from your post that "accidents" are common place around your place.
:!: :!:

Latest posts