synchrony report

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

finally got the camera unlimbered yesterday afternoon after I got back from riding.

took some shots of the whole herd.

there are only two heifers....on for sure is a Jipsey Earl and she is the subject of several photos.

the other was born midway between ai date and the next possible heat date and as she grow i am becoming more certain that she was sired by my Grid Maker bull that I had at the time.

also shot of my CC&7 calves this fall. all due 9/20/2011.....born from 9/14 to 9/21
harlot baby born 9/23

http://family.webshots.com/album/581090458BzPKlv

pdfangus":1jajwcv2 said:
3waycross

finally got the camera unlimbered yesterday afternoon after I got back from riding.

took some shots of the whole herd.

there are only two heifers....on for sure is a Jipsey Earl and she is the subject of several photos.

the other was born midway between ai date and the next possible heat date and as she grow i am becoming more certain that she was sired by my Grid Maker bull that I had at the time.

also shot of my CC&7 calves this fall. all due 9/20/2011.....born from 9/14 to 9/21
harlot baby born 9/23

http://family.webshots.com/album/581090458BzPKlv

Not too shabby. I may have to take a chance and try him. Thanks for the pics. Your momma cows look like some real solid cows

RD Sam
One cow is an 036 daughter
the other is pretty much home bred and she is sired by our Orvile bull who we used for three years.

those two cows have been good producers but they both have some stifle problems and were too good to butcher and no good to sell. They are both BIG cows and I am trying to downsize them a bit.

6D heifers did seem to downsize and having just calved we will see how they hold condition.
one 6D is out of the Orvile dtr and the other is out of another home bred cow that we sold and I reserved the heifer.

I have posted the two heifers for sale on craigs list. need to raise some money to pay taxes again.

pdfangus":3e4uq85m said:
RD Sam
One cow is an 036 daughter
the other is pretty much home bred and she is sired by our Orvile bull who we used for three years.

those two cows have been good producers but they both have some stifle problems and were too good to butcher and no good to sell. They are both BIG cows and I am trying to downsize them a bit.

6D heifers did seem to downsize and having just calved we will see how they hold condition.
one 6D is out of the Orvile dtr and the other is out of another home bred cow that we sold and I reserved the heifer.

I have posted the two heifers for sale on craigs list. need to raise some money to pay taxes again.

Is 5492 out of 036? Tell me more about the stifle problems, do you think it is inherited or from a specific animal, or just an injury?

two cows are not at all related.

I think they were both injuries. our cows live in pretty rough conditions and they were both suddenly lame and lame at the stifle.

neither has gotten worse and the injuries are two or three years old. I have decided to breed them again and I was going to let them go and sell them when I weaned the calves.

bred cows again using the 6G6 synchrony.
bred them three weeks ago last friday....all on time. very little bulling out of any. did see one stand.
did not live with them but watched them all weekend as I was out and about and I call them up every evening for viewing and handouts. no sign of any having been ridden.
bred five this year.
I am hopeful and will continue to use 6G6 if indeed these are all pregnant.

bred cows again using the 6G6 synchrony.
bred them three weeks ago last friday....all on time. very little bulling out of any. did see one stand.
did not live with them but watched them all weekend as I was out and about and I call them up every evening for viewing and handouts. no sign of any having been ridden.
bred five this year.
I am hopeful and will continue to use 6G6 if indeed these are all pregnant.

Latest posts