Swollen Scrotum

Help Support CattleToday:

Cibster

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old bull who I treated a couple time for a limp on his front foot. After the second time I had the vet come look at it and she got to digging around in his foot and found a couple spots where there is probably an abscess of some sort that is causing the problems. We dumped some antibiotics in him and turned him out again and his limp got better. Then one day I was out checking and noticed his scrotum was swollen. Not just swollen at the bottom like he is hot and dragging his nuts around, but swollen from where it connects to his body and the whole way through. He wasn't following the cows around so I brought him home and put another bull in. I called the vet and she thought maybe the infection from his foot when systemic and landed in his scrotum. Obviously he can't breed cows right now, but I was curious if anybody else has had anything like this happen to their bull and if they have, did the bull eventually come out of it or am I better off taking him to the sale barn? He came with a first season breeding guarantee (I bought him this spring) so I can get my money back if I need to. He's a nice bull though and hate to let him go already. Thoughts anyone??

Probably ruptured. We checked one last week just the same way. But his sperm was 100% so we turned him out and will see. He was guaranteed for one breeding season but this was his second season.

If he were mine I'd probably give him a couple rounds of Penicillin and let him sit for a few weeks to see if it clears up. If he's nice, I'd give him a chance before trucking him in to the sale barn.

Latest posts