Sweetlix/Rumensin blocks

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Does anyone feed these to their cows, calves, stockers etc.? We're trying to see if they are actually economical and can cut back on hay consumption in the winter. Also, I can't find how much they cost and how they last when feeding.

tncattle":21nbfbhw said:
Does anyone feed these to their cows, calves, stockers etc.? We're trying to see if they are actually economical and can cut back on hay consumption in the winter. Also, I can't find how much they cost and how they last when feeding.
Looking at the guaranteed analysis on it, it's nothing more than a pressed mineral block, poorly fortified but does have rumensin which should aid in increased feed utilization. If anything it might actually increase hay consumption.

I tried them this year I think they were around 20 bucks each . It took my 50 cows 2 months to eat 4 blocks . I didn't feed it long enough to notice a difference .

I use bovatec tubs. I'm beginning to wonder about "waste of money". May try something else next year. Coccidia has been an issue on my place. Feed expense has been low this year but probably more weather related than bovatec.

angus9259":3n30tbhp said:
I use bovatec tubs. I'm beginning to wonder about "waste of money". May try something else next year. Coccidia has been an issue on my place. Feed expense has been low this year but probably more weather related than bovatec.

Cargill has Gold, Emerald, Bronze for different season's and requirement's.

I have Onyx blended with my range meal along with iodine.

With the drought here over the last couple of years I have been well pleased with Cargill.
I used a lot of Bronze for the poor forage conditions we had. What I like you can match the minerals to your current pasture conditions.

I have a hard time getting my cows to eat mineral . I've tried Cargill pureina and several others . I have a feeder with 3 different kinds in it dry as a bone . And the cows walk right past it to the hay rack . They even sleep around it . I just can't figure out y they won't eat it .

Latest posts