Surveillance Camera with smart phone pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow2

Reaction score
Anyone here use a surveillance camera that sends pictures to your smart phone? What brand do you use and do you like it? Is distance from camera to phone an issue? The more I read about these cameras, the less I know.

I don't know a lot about them either, but distance isn't an issue. Its like another cell phone, as long as it has a signal it'll send the pics. You have to pay for another "plan" also, though they're cheaper than phone plans. One of these days I'll try one out.

I have some. Mine are Arlo brand. The cameras are completely wireless. The main base connects to your internet wireless router. I have 5 cameras around the house. You download app to your phone and you get notifications when there movement and you can watch the video. I like them.

pricefarm":3ojrdgfe said:
I have some. Mine are Arlo brand. The cameras are completely wireless. The main base connects to your internet wireless router. I have 5 cameras around the house. You download app to your phone and you get notifications when there movement and you can watch the video. I like them.

I was looking at the Arlo Pro2 which is 100% wireless with rechargeable batteries. I ran across several reviews that said the picture quality was not the best, so I scrapped that idea. Not in love with having to run more wires for power tho.

I'm thinking about putting cameras in specific places in some of my pastures. I was going to put up game cameras but someone suggested these wireless/cellular cameras. Thanks CB, I'll look at the spy point cameras.

Latest posts