Surprise In The Field ~ Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

CowCop

Reaction score
~

Yesterday we were suppose to get the remaining cows that are boarding at the farm and ship them for beef, since neither had calved and the owners didn't want to feed them thru the winter.

Well.............

Guess what came out of the woods and went thru the fence to go visit some orphan calves:

10_17_06_012.jpg

~~

I had not seen the boarders cows in about a week.
They are seperated from our herd. They have 300 acres of woods and fields to keep them busy.

Been too busy fixing fence, hay racks and getting the barnyard ready for the herd to return for the winter.

Most of the other boarders have gone back to their own farms for the winter.

This calf is a fast, stocky buggar.

Jumps right thru the electric fence to visit his new pals.

10_17_06_014.jpg

Needless to say, we called the owner to advise them that the Beltie had calved and perhaps they should hold off shipping the Simmy...just in case.

Our vet is coming to palpate our cows in a few weeks and I will run the Simmy up the chute, as a courtesy, to make sure she is or isn't bred....

~

They went back to the woods, as quietly as they came.

10_17_06_023.jpg

A nice autumn surprise.

Lucky Owner.

Lucky Cow.

Ohw wow! That is toooo cool! I love those pics...can't decide which one I like better. Brought a big smile to my face.

Alice

~

I wasn't the only one that was surprised.

The two orphans joined me to watch.. and grin......

10_17_06_025.jpg

Love that picture of the three walking back across the field...the calf appeared to be older in the previous photo, quite a chunk. Hope it isn't hard for you to catch them.

Looks like you've already lost a lot of leaves. Vermont is beautiful, but you can have it in the winter! I don't think ours have peaked yet. It's a strange fall here this year.

Great photos...like Alice said.. brought a *smile* to my face. :D :D

Latest posts