superchip program chips

Help Support CattleToday:

Used one on my 7.4 ford, worked slick and really helped the mileage

I use a bullydog programmer, impressive power gain but didn't gain any fuel mileage. My truck computer said I got 19 mpg but when I did the math it came out to 15 mpg. Best thing about a programmer is it will read the trucks trouble codes, and delete them. At 1 am. its sure nice to delete low fuel rail pressure and come on home.

I would recommend a custom tuned chip. The off the shelf programmers tend to be hard on the trucks transmission and contain more or less "generic" programs. A custom chip is programmed more specifically for your vehicle and can be adjusted on the fly. Plus they are a better value. What kind of truck do you have?

Oh ok, I thought you had a diesel. For your chevy, check out Wheatley.com, black bear performance, or Nelson tunes (google them). They do what's called a PCM flash, which reprograms your truck's timing, shift points, etc. Check out some of the chevy truck forums online and there are tons of threads regarding tuning.

IMO superchips is the best in gas tuning with having a custom tune written.. I had one on a 04 chevorlet. Get a superchips tuner, an AEM intake, and a throttle body spacer. I picked up about 2-3 mpg if you were nice to it. In diesel it all depends on what you have. Powerstroke a sct tuner with custom tunes. Common rail cummins smarty's, tst, or both stacked are nice. On a duramax EFI live hands down. IMO banks and bullydog are over marketed and priced junk.

I run the smarty on my 08 dodge . Also took the dpf crap off my truck went from 13, mpg on highway . To 22 mpg on high way . Also I've got 140 k miles seems to run better everyday .

On the newer diesel s . Diesel particulate filter. Dpf . E p a regs. Restricts the flow of the exhaust . The smarty also allows you to remove the egr. Valve . There is more info on the dodge cummins forums .

Latest posts