Super Rare Sight!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score

Bank repo sale herd sale at the auction. All brahman pairs and a few brahman cross pairs. I figure about 50. I would have to take out a second mortgage. There are almost no seats left.

Gonzales Tx, Its online if you want to watch or buy online. My internet is wireless. I have to come in person. Go to the Gonzales Livestock Auction website. Its on now.

I take that back, they took the online off this morning, guess its only for special sales

Nesikep":3uceo0l3 said:
I wouldn't take up a mortgage for them.. I learn from other peoples mistakes!
Oh heck no, never borrow money money for cattle. Thats like borrowing money to play the stockmarket. Leave that up to the bankers borrowing interest free money from washington :roll:

They are most likely the result of the oil boom. Im guessing some one over spent when they saw those first two royalty checks. Those wells have an 80% decline curve in the first year plus oil dropped 50%.

Put them on some grass and they will be nice. Looks like they have been a little neglected.

One of the guys here said the bank caught him selling cattle that were loaned on, maybe for collateral on a loan, I dont know, never heard of anything like that.

After the brahmans ran through, half the crowd cleared, those went for good money, todays prices on that consignment, even the crosses, were higher then I thought they should be. They ran the herd bulls through last, the scrotums on those were as small as apples, I was not impressed. Some of the bulls tested only 80% fertility, one was only 60%. Wonder if people saw those genetics the price would have been the same. Only 1 bull was decent.

BK9954":3p50ilwm said:
One of the guys here said the bank caught him selling cattle that were loaned on, maybe for collateral on a loan, I dont know, never heard of anything like that.

So he was selling the banks cattle to make his payment. Or to Get cash for something else.

Whichever was he selling the good ones and keeping the bad. Or culling the bad ones.
Call you would have had to make right there.
But most likely you missed a really good chance at some good cattle. If pure Brahman is what your after.
I wouldn't recommend borrowing money. But it might have been a time to take a hammer to the piggybank

callmefence":3qsm86z1 said:
BK9954":3qsm86z1 said:

So he was selling the banks cattle to make his payment. Or to Get cash for something else.

Whichever was he selling the good ones and keeping the bad. Or culling the bad ones.
Call you would have had to make right there.
But most likely you missed a really good chance at some good cattle. If pure Brahman is what your after.
I wouldn't recommend borrowing money. But it might have been a time to take a hammer to the piggybank
The more I kept considering them, it doesnt make sense to just buy a couple and have all the mismatched calves. In order to do it right I will have to almost do a whole herd sell out and then start over with that cash. I am slowly moving into stronger brahman blood but still producing black baldies. But it was a good chance, not something you see everyday.

Latest posts