Super Quiet

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":290ug9u6 said:
kenny thomas":290ug9u6 said:
greybeard":290ug9u6 said:
I did see a small possum crossing the road last night and wood ducks are everywhere right now.That's about it.
I haven't seen a deer of any kind or size since around September.
There used to be a lot of small possums we called Midnight Possum. Not sure why but seems we only treed them when nothing else was stirring.

My dad was a serious big time coon hunter. I have seen thousands of dollars change hands over a Redbone or Black and Tan. He had an old Redbone that had won numerous field trails, there wasn't enough money to buy ole Buck.
Every now in then one of his young dogs would tree one once. After he got whipped with that possum and had to wear it never needed to worry about that again.
He always said it's a bad omen for tonight's hunt.
My young brother (54) is still an avid coon hunter. He has a kennel of 6 Black and Tan hounds. If you think the debates here about breeds of cattle and breeding practices gets tense, you should spend some time in the company of about 8 or 10 coon hound breeders. WOW! They take their hobby SERIOUSLY!

We had tons of acorns but quite a few have rotted with the rain. The cold weather really got the bucks moving this year early. They are not hitting the feeders hard but they are getting on trailed out corn in between chasing does. If your not in a semi-open area you may not see much. Protein is the key. With them chasing this hard they are still hitting those protein feeders.

Caustic Burno":1vjnkp5z said:
Deer season in this part of the world.
I have heard four shots since opening weekend, one of them mine. My place has 7k acre deer lease north and south of me.
I don't remember an acorn crop like this year. Hogs aren't even coming to feeders. Feed store manager said he way over ordered corn for this season.
I turned my feeders off or to min setting once a day. The deer are still coming in a little for protein.

Maybe you need fresh batteries in the hearing aids...... :idea:

callmefence":3frah95x said:
Caustic Burno":3frah95x said:
Deer season in this part of the world.
I have heard four shots since opening weekend, one of them mine. My place has 7k acre deer lease north and south of me.
I don't remember an acorn crop like this year. Hogs aren't even coming to feeders. Feed store manager said he way over ordered corn for this season.
I turned my feeders off or to min setting once a day. The deer are still coming in a little for protein.

Maybe you need fresh batteries in the hearing aids...... :idea:

Batteries are fine.
Five shots now, spike in the cooler.

Latest posts