Super Bowl Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you think of this Breed Representing America's Cattle Range?

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Dis-Like

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Wish for a Different Breed

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally found the ad ( It didn't show up on my phone:( ?) and got a kick out of the fact that it looks like some of it was filmed in Austin and what looks like Taylor. The scene with the train sure looks like Taylor and the bridge scene is definitely the Pennibacker Bridge over Lake Austin.

Bigfoot":2q5af0zi said:
If the bull had been polled, the majority of America would have thought it was a cow.
That sure is true, sad, but true. I liked the commercial, as far as commercials go.

Bigfoot":3rn381f5 said:
If the bull had been polled, the majority of America would have thought it was a cow.

I had that discussion with my 8th grade students yesterday. Our town is rural, but these kids have no clue about agri that isn't row crop.

Woke up on the wrong side of life today. All I see is a truck and trailer that no matter how hard I work I'll never have a chance to own without going in debt so far my son would have to pay it off.

WalnutCrest":1salblcz said:
A good ad.

Should sell some trucks, and may partly inform a little city kid somewhere that their burger didn't just get made at the grocery store.

A few years back my wife and I went to a summer get to gather at a neighbor's house, which was about 10 miles out of "the big city". My wife had gone to the local dairy to get some milk to make home made ice cream, and was telling some other women her recipe.

We were in the line to fill our plates when I heard the teenager in front of me tell his sister, "Don"t eat any of THAT ice cream, it"s make from COWS milk"!

At the same get to gather the grandmother of the new homeowner (who lived in Kansas City) said, "Eddie, I don't know why you bought this place. If the power ever goes out KCP&L will never find you."

Some folks live a sheltered life.

Well.. I kinda liked it.. I think the bull is a fine specimen, but I think the cows should have been some Heinz 57's or something if you wanted to show urbanites a cross-section of what a cow herd looks like... some black ones, some reds, some white, some grey, etc... And I totally agree that it had to have horns so that they can tell it's a bull.

As for the truck.. Meh, they're all the same... None of the new diesels are really much good, far too complicated and the maintenance will kill you... 8 injectors at a grand a piece? I build a whole new engine for that with money to spare... The transmissions are more of the same, you really start to pull hard with them, especially with the power bumped up, and all the automatics will fry if you have mountains like around here... the front and rearends are all Dana/Spicer anyhow, and all the cabs are getting too full of plastic, everything is clipped on and will break when it's cold. I have a '94 Dodge dually diesel and that's about as new as I want to go, it's putting out as much power as the drivetrain will hold, I've already snapped the tranny input shaft once and would rather not do it again... I think I'm somewhere around 350HP and that moves a trailerload of cattle as fast as you want to move them

Latest posts