Super Bowl Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you think of this Breed Representing America's Cattle Range?

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Dis-Like

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Wish for a Different Breed

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldCrow

Reaction score
I'm okay with it. At least it didn't show a man checking his Longhorn cows, then rescuing the obviously Holstein baby calf that was supposed to belong with them.

Looks like he's going to introduce a horned hereford bull to a group of polled hereford cattle. The cows look like they do need some improving.

Rafter S":3kx1t01l said:
I'm okay with it. At least it didn't show a man checking his Longhorn cows, then rescuing the obviously Holstein baby calf that was supposed to belong with them.

Ditto! Though I have the feeling the ranch is over staffed and underworked :)

I like the bull as far as a representation of the quality of animals the cattle industry of this country can produce. He also shows the care that is given to the beef animals. I voted that I like him for the commercial. However as for representing the American cattle range I'm not sure. He is a British breed and probably registered. Maybe a Bradford, Brangus or some other American cross or even an unregistered cross of some kind would have been better. Better yet they should have used a Black Hereford!! :lol2:

:lol2: Yeah, forgot about beefmaster. That's maybe the most photogenic breed of all and would have been a great choice I think!

I do like the fact that they didn't sanitize the video too much. Come out of the trailer slingin snot, tongue out, lickin and sniffin. City folks will say "Ewwwww." but cow people will say "Oh Yeah". I'm sure some editing was done and probably several takes.
I paid no attention to the truck.

ga.prime":1o2mowk7 said:
:lol2: Yeah, forgot about beefmaster. That's maybe the most photogenic breed of all and would have been a great choice I think!
Might have to move the camera crew back a little if they used one like mine. He don't much like strangers... :lol: :lol:

A good ad.

Should sell some trucks, and may partly inform a little city kid somewhere that their burger didn't just get made at the grocery store.

I like the commercial, hey anything positive relating to ag is a win, with the media we get these days!
Jenna

If the bull had been polled, the majority of America would have thought it was a cow.

Bigfoot":2cnylq85 said:
If the bull had been polled, the majority of America would have thought it was a cow.

That was what I was going to say. The bull had to have horns. And the cows couldn't have them (they actually look to me to be dehorned horned Herefords). I don't know how many times a urban dweller has thought that a horned cow in my pasture was a bull because it had horns.

Chevy commercials are consistently lame. At least this isn't "like a rock", which branded all Chevy owners. :lol2: Will Ram have an ad this year?
And a horned Hereford is the only bull which would be recognized as a male bovine by the majority of prospective Chevy buyers. :hide:

Latest posts