Summer Cow/Calf pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Well it`s been awhile since I've been on here! Been a busy spring!
I thought I would share some pictures while I had a few spare minutes to sit down and photobucket seems to be cooperating.

IMG_0482sm_zpswfjsy0v4.jpg

some RA girls. 4 yr old cow on the left, the other two are both 8 yrs old. Cow on the right is raising a set of twin bulls.

IMG_0448sm_zpspn7j3ygv.jpg

5 yr old RA cow

IMG_0524sm_zpsudd4vn1c.jpg

another 5 yr old RA cow & heifer calf

IMG_0593sm_zpsiydetkoh.jpg

RA pairs

IMG_0658sm_zpsyl0elf0j.jpg

another 5 yr old cow.

IMG_0643sm_zpsfwt776og.jpg

7 yr old RA cow with bull calf

IMG_0743sm_zpslxo7b2ov.jpg

6 yr old RA cow.

IMG_9970sm_zpsc1oifqii.jpg

BA heifer calf

IMG_0392sm_zps0fn71vww.jpg

BA pairs & our 5 Speckle Park heifers

IMG_0865sm_zpsozzohwg3.jpg

Speckle Girls

IMG_0335sm_zps3mfpyv94.jpg

father & son

IMG_0506sm_zps9tls1xra.jpg

RA heifer that I bought this spring

IMG_9286sm_zpsisichulb.jpg

Speckle heifer

Thanks for letting me share!

kenny thomas":308yxn5y said:
Cattle look great, how do you keep them so fat?

Thanks Kenny. For the most part they are pretty easy keepers especially the angus girls (both black and Red). During the later part of winter we do supplement with grain but they haven't seen any grain since the middle of April. Most went out to pasture mid-end of May. Grass started off really good this spring and they have all been packing on the pounds. Some of the cows are borderline obese but can't really put them on a diet out on pasture.

Stocker Steve":308yxn5y said:
Really nice RA.
How do you expect the Speckle Park to perform compared to the RA?
Thanks Steve. From other speckles I've seen I'd say about the same as our angus. They should be moderate framed, easy keeping and good mothers. They are really gaining popularity around here the last few years. Mostly I just like looking at them. I don't know if any of these are purebred but all are at least 50% speckle. They are running with a black angus bull this summer and I hope that next spring I get at least a couple cute speckle calves.

Is the speckle a certain cross?
Never seen any in my area. I really like the looks of yours.

Tanks for the great pictures. Your cattle look fat and happy! Beautiful cattle and landscape for sure. I remember you posting when you purchased the speckled park heifers. I liked them then and love the way they are developing. I justhink they are cool looking cattle, I also love the reds, if we had more land I would love to add both to our operation, but guess we will have to just stick with BA. I sure enjoy looking at yours!

Gizmom

Latest posts