Succumbed to the 'Petting' theory!

Help Support CattleToday:

I hope some day I will have so many that I can not name them!

We only name permanent names to the hefiers and cows.. the boys get names like jr, six, idiot, jerk. etc.. its a way to keep track since we don't and probably won't tag them unless *I hope* we get so big we have too...

donnaIL":3nekj87b said:
I hope some day I will have so many that I can not name them!

We only name permanent names to the hefiers and cows.. the boys get names like jr, six, idiot, jerk. etc.. its a way to keep track since we don't and probably won't tag them unless *I hope* we get so big we have too...

I sincerely hope you realize your dream, and I wish you the very best towards that end! ;-) :)

I use a old post hole digger handle for a walking stick...they sure know when you carry that and when you have the sorting stick...or no stick. DMc

msscamp":3j7eq3rw said:
Well, I've fallen victim to the 'petting cows' way of thinking. :eek: :oops: :oops: We've got 18 bottle calves in the corral ranging from about 200 lbs up to maybe 400 lbs - and they are the mangiest, most moth-eaten, sorriest excuse for a calf, bunch I've ever seen - and I'm scratching ears and withers like it's going out of style! :lol: :lol: I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the petting thing, but I'm pretty sure I can fix the mangy, sorry, moth-eaten thing! ;-) I do love a challenge! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not you to msscamp say you haven't taken the liberal road of cow ownership. Stay the course grass raises beef equals foldin money.
I have named some on mine lately Jack in the Box, Burger King and Kroger.

Caustic Burno":2tabd9uw said:
Not you to msscamp say you haven't taken the liberal road of cow ownership. Stay the course grass raises beef equals foldin money.

Oh no, now Caustic has taken to nameing his cattle :roll: :roll:

What is this world coming to? :lol: :lol:

I'll let Daisey (the Jersey) know that she's not the only one with a name. :lol: ;-)

Katherine

Caustic Burno":2jeixtnk said:
msscamp":2jeixtnk said:
Well, I've fallen victim to the 'petting cows' way of thinking. :eek: :oops: :oops: We've got 18 bottle calves in the corral ranging from about 200 lbs up to maybe 400 lbs - and they are the mangiest, most moth-eaten, sorriest excuse for a calf, bunch I've ever seen - and I'm scratching ears and withers like it's going out of style! :lol: :lol: I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the petting thing, but I'm pretty sure I can fix the mangy, sorry, moth-eaten thing! ;-) I do love a challenge! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: I've regained my senses Caustic, and all is well! Added bonus, I got to brush up on my marksman skills this evening using a heavy duty sorting stick. The calf in question backed off pretty quick, and maintained a respectful distance all the way to the feed troughs, too. ;-) You're absolutely right, and I've discovered I remember more about the names of cuts of beef than I thought I did! Between all of the calves, I think pretty much every cut is represented. ;-) :lol: :lol:

Howdy,
All mine destined for the freezer get named.

Same here.. like Chuck, T-Bone, Hamburger, the latest one is called "Soon-to-be-Dinner"

Mine got named comming home - Lunch (tryin to come up with something better :) As to the petting -- Heee hee hee I can tell you his fav spots and that if you sit down he will come and lay his head on your shoulder. I am wondering if I am raising a brat - Im tougher on my own pgymy goats (one billy in partitular) then I am on him. How do I get tough like yall?
My first calf as all can tell :oops:

WolfLady":12zy7c6m said:
Mine got named comming home - Lunch (tryin to come up with something better :) As to the petting -- Heee hee hee I can tell you his fav spots and that if you sit down he will come and lay his head on your shoulder. I am wondering if I am raising a brat - Im tougher on my own pgymy goats (one billy in partitular) then I am on him. How do I get tough like yall?
My first calf as all can tell :oops:

With all the other crap going on in the world today? Hey, don't worry about it.

Alice

WolfLady":35qywdyo said:
How do I get tough like yall? My first calf as all can tell :oops:

It will come in time - the first time he bunts you or runs into/over you as a 500 lb calf and knocks you flying.

Latest posts