Subject, and where it belongs

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech

Reaction score
Why is beginners board mis-used?

Doesn,t fert. belong under grass and hay?
Doesn,t mineral belong under health?
Stupid propably belongs here.
Can people still read?

novatech":er9u9bak said:
Why is beginners board missed used?

Can people still read?

Maybe they need a KNOW IT ALL section for people who post like you have.

novatech":1sfinppd said:

Can people still read?

Maybe because some are so eager to ask questions, they dont know where to BEGIN :lol:

novatech":ndcqnfgi said:
By the way, this is more of a I,m just wondering why question.
Don,t really bother me.

:roll: Quote from your original post...
Can people still read?

Maybe there are so many boards now, and cattle today is about education and knowledge....Although it seams the main goal on any of these boards is to insult, belittle, or just tell everyone how dumb of sorry they are for being different from you....

Perhaps that is why it is called the beginner's board...
Most mis-posted threads are graciously guided to the "proper" board for more enlightened advise from the more seasoned contributors. The less than knowledgable posts are quickly corrected by the self appointed watchdogs of bovine fact and fantacy. I hope that I am of sound enough mind not to criticize the knowledge seeker and newcommer to the wondefull world of cattle husbandtry.
And that is my two bits worth...asked for or not....DMC

We are all guilty of putting a post in the wrong area from time to time.

Alan

novatech":2wz6sobv said:

Can people still read?

Well, let's see. Under the BEGINNER'S board it says....A PLACE TO START IF YOU ARE NEW. Hmm, maybe that's why beginner's start there.

And seeing as your not really asking a "beginner" question, your post may have been better suited for COFFEE SHOP or EVERY THING ELSE.

novatech, I like this part of the board and always will. People like you discourage a lot of interesting posts. :( :(

With everything else in the world to worry about, I find this concern way down low on the list.

Alice

Alice":1n8ccp05 said:
With everything else in the world to worry about, I find this concern way down low on the list.

Alice

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Alice":2tsuf4nj said:

Alice

Now, that's POLITICALLY CORRECT and hit the nail right on the head :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alice":2k6nivh4 said:

Alice
You are correct as are the people that are beginners.

Some people post here because they think what they have to say would be most important to beginners.
Before I was a beginner I found these boards by accident. Judgeing by their posts, others found this site the same way. When I found them I never went to the beginners board. I looked under the subject headings for the info. I was concerned about. When I finally joined the forum I went to the beginers board thinking it would lead me to how to use the rest of the boards. I was totaly amazed at all the great info. that was hidden away. One only needs to look down at the bottom of the question and answer page to see that many more people visit these boards that are actually not members than that are. So when people hide their great informative threads where visitors do not see them it really limits the amount of info. others could be getting. I believe that beginners can read and find the posts under the correct heading. Maybe many of you don't.

Another point I would like to make is that the people that developed this site went through a great deal of effort to put this togrther for us. They gave us several catagories to chose from, so if they intended for everything to go under beginners board why did they put out so much effort giveing us subjects to choose from.

I will offer no apology for bringing this up because I do feel like it should be far from the bottom of the list.

I will apoligise for the way I did it, there are more diplomatic ways.

warpaint":1koemwlt said:
Alan":1koemwlt said:
We are all guilty of putting a post in the wrong area from time to time.

Alan

Guilty as charged!

Nova, while it probably won't mean anything to you, my respect for you just slipped a notch.

Ouch! :(

And I also and may screw up again. None of us are perfect. But it certainly does not hert to try to do it right.

I never really thought about it, but the truth is many of us that post threads are looking for respect to some degree. But I also new I was takeing a risk of getting a few people PO,d.
Yes, Loseing your respect would definetly mean something to me.

novatech":2otryve4 said:
Alice":2otryve4 said:

Alice

Some people post here because they think what they have to say would be most important to beginners.
Before I was a beginner I found these boards by accident. Judgeing by their posts, others found this site the same way. When I found them I never went to the beginners board. I looked under the subject headings for the info. I was concerned about. When I finally joined the forum I went to the beginers board thinking it would lead me to how to use the rest of the boards. I was totaly amazed at all the great info. that was hidden away. One only needs to look down at the bottom of the question and answer page to see that many more people visit these boards that are actually not members than that are. So when people hide their great informative threads where visitors do not see them it really limits the amount of info. others could be getting. I believe that beginners can read and find the posts under the correct heading. Maybe many of you don't.

Another point I would like to make is that the people that developed this site went through a great deal of effort to put this togrther for us. They gave us several catagories to chose from, so if they intended for everything to go under beginners board why did they put out so much effort giveing us subjects to choose from.

I will offer no apology for bringing this up because I do feel like it should be far from the bottom of the list.

"You are correct as are the people that are beginners."
This should have said
You are wrong the beginners are right.

novatech":173mw7ty said:
novatech":173mw7ty said:
Alice":173mw7ty said:

Alice

"You are correct as are the people that are beginners."
This should have said
You are wrong the beginners are right.

To each his own...

Alice

TNTLivestock":mkrnioik said:
novatech":mkrnioik said:

Can people still read?

Well, let's see. Under the BEGINNER'S board it says....A PLACE TO START IF YOU ARE NEW. Hmm, maybe that's why beginner's start there.

And seeing as your not really asking a "beginner" question, your post may have been better suited for COFFEE SHOP or EVERY THING ELSE.

I was wondering if someone would catch that.

Good going.

Latest posts