stupid questions?

Help Support CattleToday:

kjones

Reaction score
would it not be better to ask a " stupid question ", and learn from the responses, than make an uneducated guess and mess up?

1st off theres no stupid questions.i dont care if your a newbie or an oldtimer.everyone has questions.so never be afraid to ask questions here.if people dont ask questions then what good is a cattleboard.

kjones":29juj7e9 said:
would it not be better to ask a " stupid question ", and learn from the responses, than make an uneducated guess and mess up?

In a word...no... :)

Alice

Hey, you just ask whatever you need to ask, there are no stupid questions and ignorance is not stupidity. Some of the folks here forget that everyone was not raised like they were and were not born with their "knowledge". Just ignore their attitude. On the other hand there is some here that want to help and give encouragement. Remember that.

Duck

Tealduck":3n2f9v06 said:
Hey, you just ask whatever you need to ask, there are no stupid questions and ignorance is not stupidity. Some of the folks here forget that everyone was not raised like they were and were not born with their "knowledge". Just ignore their attitude. On the other hand there is some here that want to help and give encouragement. Remember that.

Duck
Well said
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree that there are no stupid questions.

There are good answers.

There are bad answers.

There are mean answers.

There are good replies to all 3 answers above.

There are bad replies to all 3 answers above.

There are mean replies to all 3 answers above.

There are stupid replies to all 3 answers above.

kjones":38n3ixw5 said:

Sure, as long as you asked it before an innocent animal was caused unnecessary suffering, just because it is your "right" to own it.

There is enough easily accessible information available, on the net and in books and from mentors, that the idiocy of posters on here concerning animal welfare is either malicious, or posted by people who should not own cattle.

Lots of hobbyists in here support the "learn as you go" program with cattle. I suspect people who rely on cattle for a living would like to see something better.

AngusLimoX":l1idrqo8 said:
There is enough easily accessible information available, on the net and in books and from mentors, that the idiocy of posters on here concerning animal welfare is either malicious, or posted by people who should not own cattle.

Lots of hobbyists in here support the "learn as you go" program with cattle. I suspect people who rely on cattle for a living would like to see something better.

Life is what it is. Don't let it make you bitter when it doesn't conform to your ideals.

Is the learn as you go with livestock any different then the learn as you go raising kids?

dun

AngusLimoX":23l4pxqa said:
kjones":23l4pxqa said:

Sure, as long as you asked it before an innocent animal was caused unnecessary suffering, just because it is your "right" to own it.

I have to agree with you to a certain extent, dangit! I think, however, it is easy enough to know who is actually concerned about causing an animal needless suffering by the way the question is asked. I have been guilty of going off on someone because I couldn't believe what I was reading, to then find out that there was a bit more to the story. :oops:

I try very hard not to do that anymore...and I try very hard to realize that there's not a crying thing I can do about someone mistreating their animals with good, albeit misguided, intentions. At that point all that can be done is try to explain to them where they are going wrong and hope they can decide that maybe they weren't cut out for taking care of livestock, or they can decide that they need to do a bit more research before making any more attempts at it.

Alice

AngusLimoX":2oyfclx4 said:
kjones":2oyfclx4 said:

AngusLimoX":dkqbb36u said:
Wewild":dkqbb36u said:
dun":dkqbb36u said:
Is the learn as you go with livestock any different then the learn as you go raising kids?

dun

yes

a one word answer that is correct and appropriate

I thought he was talking to me as I am for someone having to pass a test before they can have kids.

Wewild":2klza5ry said:
AngusLimoX":2klza5ry said:
Wewild":2klza5ry said:
dun":2klza5ry said:

dun

yes

I thought he was talking to me as I am for someone having to pass a test before they can have kids.

Who?

AngusLimoX":2zp3eqll said:
Wewild":2zp3eqll said:
AngusLimoX":2zp3eqll said:
Wewild":2zp3eqll said:
dun":2zp3eqll said:

dun

yes

Who?

There only 3 names on the post.

And raising kids is left to rank beginners, at least for the first one. Generally subsequent kid are raised somewhat differently then the first. OJT at it's finest.

dun

Latest posts