Stupid people

Help Support CattleToday:

Some of the best rodeos are watching folks load out after the county fair. Total bedlam at times. One of my favorites was a guy who loaded a butcher hog into a small two wheel car trailer containing a wooden crate of poultry. The hog promptly smashed the crate and started to eat a blue ribbon bird. This circle of life upset some of the city folk...

Caustic Burno said:
haase said:
What about the guy in Texas yesterday that was pulled over, going 70mph down the highway with a horse tied up in the truck bed standing up.

In the 60's many a cow got hauled to the salebarn in the back of a pickup.
It was late 60's till you started regularly seeing cattle trailers

It was still done here a lot here into the 80s. Put the "racks" on the pick-up and load up. If someone had a cattle trailer, they were considered big time.

we had stock racks on our old chevy 1 ton and hauled a lot of cows in there.. What surprises me is how some people loaded them.. no ramps, not dock, nothing, back up to a gate and scare the cows into the truck pretty much

Jogeephus said:
sim.-ang.king said:
Them plastic bags account for 85% of calving difficulties in the Philippines.

I thought that was plastic straws and that's why they banned them in California to insure their dairy cows are happy cows.

Now the cows can just eat the paper ones.
Dual purpose straws.

Stocker Steve said:
haase said:
What about the guy in Texas yesterday that was pulled over, going 70mph down the highway with a horse tied up in the truck bed standing up.

Not in Minnesota. Usually a much higher class of livestock producers, but I have seen some real rodeos loading critters in the back of mini vans and SUVs. :nod: Goats are exciting, sucking calves are usually confused, and waterfowl are just nasty.
When we first started out I had a Hummer H2 and hauled calves multiple times in the back. Redneck, much?

Nesikep said:
we had stock racks on our old chevy 1 ton and hauled a lot of cows in there.. What surprises me is how some people loaded them.. no ramps, not dock, nothing, back up to a gate and scare the cows into the truck pretty much
Still have an old stock rack from the previous owners by an old hay barn, probably been there for decades.

Cows eating plastic bags, plastic string and net wrap will die. They get Skinner and Skinner and get down and die. I know has happened.

Hook2.0 said:
Guess this went over the heads of some

Saw that yesterday as well. The person writing that caption probably hasn't been within 100 yards of a cow in their life. Obvious the calf was backward. These are the same people that blame cattle for global warming.

Latest posts