stool

Help Support CattleToday:

vs_cattle

Reaction score
Hello
wanted to see if I could get some help on this before I call the vet
My 7mt old heifer is bleeding a little after she deficates so I was wondering what could be the problem
Thanks

Is this a show heifer, or no? What is she eating? Since it's apparently only a small amount of blood, the only thing I can think of would be not enough roughage, resulting in harder manure possibly?

I don't know, VS. Can you trace the beginnings of it to any change in feed or surroundings?

it could be coccidia(sp) sulfa boluses will do the trick unless the bleeding is real bad then i would get the vets opinion. good luck

Coccidiosis generally results in blood in the stool - not the animal bleeding a small amount after passing the stool, which is what vs stated. VS, I've never seen bloat cause this. I think if she were mine, I would watch her very closely, feed her straight grass hay and, if it continued beyond a few days, consult my vet. Something isn't right here.

Yeah, Im with Msscamp. I have never heard of Coccidiosis causing blood after the defication. Id look somewhere else. With that said, if you arent sure about the blood the sulfa boluses arent going to hurt anything if you give them anyway.

Latest posts