Still low

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1c95ust3 said:
Have any of you ever looked into contracting your milk on the futures market? One way to lock in price but like everything there is a risk. January Class III has traded over the $15 mark a few times and closed today at $14.94.
I wish I understood how those type of things worked. I would probably be more willing if I knew what it was all about.

novaman":39ma39hk said:
TexasBred":39ma39hk said:
Have any of you ever looked into contracting your milk on the futures market? One way to lock in price but like everything there is a risk. January Class III has traded over the $15 mark a few times and closed today at $14.94.
I wish I understood how those type of things worked. I would probably be more willing if I knew what it was all about.

Nova....check with the big shots at DFA. For once they may know something that will be helpful. Otherwise any commodity broker that trades milke could help you out but would need a working historical knowledge of the milk market and a track record.

:D :D

But there's still November to get through first...

btw, anyone care to guess where my milk goes since moving to this farm. Ex-Reporoa.

I feel for you guys - but I have to make this comment if only because we nearly went down ourselves.

Changed how we operate in a huge way and tossed the beef cows as they do not make money.

No government can give to you unless they take from somewhere / someone else first.

The US of A debt load is soon going to be unmanageable.

How much longer do you think this can keep going before there is no more give from those that have and therefore nothing to give to those who receive subsidy / stimulus money?

Unemployment is high and increasing - that in itself is a huge load for the economy - money has to come from somewhere - and you just cannot turn up the printing press.

Bez+

Bez+":aq9u7qtw said:
I feel for you guys - but I have to make this comment if only because we nearly went down ourselves.

Changed how we operate in a huge way and tossed the beef cows as they do not make money.

No government can give to you unless they take from somewhere / someone else first.

The US of A debt load is soon going to be unmanageable.

How much longer do you think this can keep going before there is no more give from those that have and therefore nothing to give to those who receive subsidy / stimulus money?

Unemployment is high and increasing - that in itself is a huge load for the economy - money has to come from somewhere - and you just cannot turn up the printing press.

Bez+
I agree with you 100% Bez. It seems like the government has gotten out of control with the spending as of late. I understand they are trying to get through the recession but we also have to keep a long-term perspective.

Not only do we have to pay for hauling, but are still getting a diesel surcharge taken out of our checks-I say what the heck for? Diesel is cheap now,a nd that should be erradicated-thats what I told my fieldman, and he came back with his own song and dance and double talk that didn't even make any sense!

GMN
This post amuses me-2009 now 2022 and DFA enacted a .95 diesel surcharge on my milk check today, that's more than I pay for regular hauling, that's nuts!

Latest posts