Still gonna avoid people

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd been thinking maybe when I'm not so busy I might be more tolerant of certain people *if* they can avoid saying really stupid things every time I see them.
But it turns out it's a lost cause...

Milking tonight. I saw the cows in the yard looking at something, went to see what it was when I had a moment and it was the milk tanker and he was p1ssed that I was still milking and the milk was still too warm for him to collect without authorisation.
I'm like, "it's not six o clock yet"
"It's seven."
"What! It can't be."
"It is."

I went back to taking cups off the cows and sending the milk through so I could wash the vat after he'd emptied it, freaking out thinking I'd been hours in the shed and wouldn't be able to do the other things I'd wanted to do before dark and trying to see where the sun was and figure how it could possibly be that late... then it occured to me that my cellphone was in my pocket. It was 5:47 pm.
I went and told him, "it's quarter to six"
"So. You wouldn't have been finished milking by six. We've got a six to ten pm window to pick up here, you start milking at ten."
Bit of background - the tankers *are not permitted on farm* before 6 pm.
Then he started talking about the temperature and said "the milk comes out of the cow at 18 degrees" (celsius)

Uh, no. I give up. Random person arrives on farm, lies to me about the time and thinks that cows give milk at 18 degrees (apparently ignorant that the cooling system and travelling though the pipework cools it to that temperature before it hits the refrigerated vat).
Between the mind-game players and the stoopid, 100% solitary is looking very, very attractive.

Even though I am a HS teacher by trade, I prefer the solitary confinement of my farm! The animals and my woodshop help me retain my sanity. How dare you try to make an honest living! :D (the last sentence is 110% sarcasm)

that wouldnt fly around here from the milk haulers.most of the time milk haulers knew when we got through milking an that the milk would be cool.if they got here early for some reason they either waited or went an picked up some1 elses milk an then came back an got ours.

regolith":1b069lyv said:
Yeah, I'd been thinking maybe when I'm not so busy I might be more tolerant of certain people *if* they can avoid saying really stupid things every time I see them.
But it turns out it's a lost cause...

Milking tonight. I saw the cows in the yard looking at something, went to see what it was when I had a moment and it was the milk tanker and he was p1ssed that I was still milking and the milk was still too warm for him to collect without authorisation.
I'm like, "it's not six o clock yet"
"It's seven."
"What! It can't be."
"It is."

I went back to taking cups off the cows and sending the milk through so I could wash the vat after he'd emptied it, freaking out thinking I'd been hours in the shed and wouldn't be able to do the other things I'd wanted to do before dark and trying to see where the sun was and figure how it could possibly be that late... then it occured to me that my cellphone was in my pocket. It was 5:47 pm.
I went and told him, "it's quarter to six"
"So. You wouldn't have been finished milking by six. We've got a six to ten pm window to pick up here, you start milking at ten."
Bit of background - the tankers *are not permitted on farm* before 6 pm.
Then he started talking about the temperature and said "the milk comes out of the cow at 18 degrees" (celsius)

Uh, no. I give up. Random person arrives on farm, lies to me about the time and thinks that cows give milk at 18 degrees (apparently ignorant that the cooling system and travelling though the pipework cools it to that temperature before it hits the refrigerated vat).
Between the mind-game players and the stoopid, 100% solitary is looking very, very attractive.

Who controls the haulers Rego, is it a coop or do you have a contract with them ? Sorry you are having such a crappy time with them ,hard to be nice when some people are just plain azzholes . :roll:

I've got kind of a loose contract with one of the smaller dairy companies, since there are no Fonterra shares attached to the farm and I certainly can't afford shares out of my own pocket.
I see the rep quite often, he's supportive in a difficult situation. I do have non-standard milking times, some of the drivers get stressed if they turn up when I'm milking but whatever idiot supervisor decided they had a 6 - 10 pm window to pick up would ensure they arrived during milking most of the time, if they were sticking to that (they aren't).

I'm just annoyed at being lied to, no call for that sort of behaviour. There are issues over picking up warm milk, but the dairy companies acknowledge they have to deal with that in this day and age - some farms are running 16 hr milking intervals, some larger herds are milking 24 hours a day with the milkers on eight hour shifts. Then you get people like me who just do things their own way (and I think it should be taken into consideration that I do work alone and a milk fever or calving cow or the like will be tended to even if it delays starting milking).

I'm not trying to be nice :) Just demanding my right to be dealt with fairly or left alone, and folks don't get that. Nice comes in a better world than what I've seen lately.

Compulsive liar or senility? I hate being lied to.

Discussing acid sanitiser:
"Why do you use it?" he asks.
"So that I'm not supplying milk with lots of bacteria in it."
"I never used it, and I never had a problem."
"Yeah? So why was it Fonterra declined to pick up your milk?"
"It wasn't that."

See, he must know that I know why he was shut down, hence, he must know that I know he's lying to me. Though maybe he told the truth about never having used sanitiser... I've heard from over half a dozen sources about the hygiene problems he was having in his milking shed.
I haven't yet managed to get any of his friends to suggest that he's senile. Apparently he's always been forgetful like that.

Milk line acid is mandatory here. How the heck are you supposed to disinfect the milk lines after milking each time. :???:

What an idiot ! :bang:

Rego you have the patience of a saint. I would have told him to bleep off a longgggg time ago !

i agree with HD we always used bleach or acid through the milk system in the rinse cycle.

People do suck-there are many times I wish I could go and ive in the mountans in a cabin, and never see another sole-EVER or only if i wanted to

GMN":2yhhl1sa said:
People do suck-there are many times I wish I could go and ive in the mountans in a cabin, and never see another sole-EVER or only if i wanted to
my friends think im a hermitt as i rarely see them.an i always stay here on the farm.

regolith,
I seen your picture the other day, and this is just an opinion, but I think the driver got there early to watch you milk :D . Maybe a very demented way of flirting? :lol:
Try to cheer up; remember half the people in this world are below average intelligence, and a lot of the rest are south ends of north bound donkeys.

ouachita, I don't think that was the case. But you're most welcome to imagine that you look like me... and have an outlandish accent to boot.
Now walk into your local farm merchandise store and explain to them that you'd like to speak to one of their seed reps... oh, and get a couple bags of magnesium and copper sulphate while you're there, then walk through town to the post shop for stamps, visit the garage on the way home for farmbike and tractor fuel.
Then get away from it all back to the farm and you won't want to do that again before you absolutely have to.
Don't get me wrong, most people are real nice. Gets easier as I get older.