STEPHENVILLE TEXAS SALE

Help Support CattleToday:

JERSEY MAN

Reaction score
ANYBODY HEARD WHAT THE MARKET FOR HOLSTEIN BULL CALVES IN STEPHENVILLE IS LATELY?
REALLY DEPRESSED HERE IN THE PANHANDLE
ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Holstein baby bull calves are way, way, way down. In fact, one of the sale barn owners called me (of all people) saying they missed me at the sales...why didn't I come back...lots of bargains to be had. First time in my life I've ever had that happen.

Now, when I was buying baby calves I'd sometimes buy as many as 8 at a time...but there were people there buying 10 times that. That phone call tells me that there are desperate times out there right now.

Alice

sounds like they are out hunting up calf buyers.an your right makes for some good deals on calves.

bigbull338":138ch0l7 said:
sounds like they are out hunting up calf buyers.an your right makes for some good deals on calves.

Yeah, and if I wanted to get into it again now would be the time to do it in a big way. The thing is, with the cost of milk replacer...nah...

Alice

yeah milk replacer is a killer when it comes to raising bottle babies.but hey if the calves are cheap enough it might be worth a shot.

The sale barns for beef cows have quit splitting pairs as much they did. The aged cows/calf pairs were getting split pretty regular for several years around here. I am not seeing it as much.

Latest posts