Steel wire vs poly wire vs. Barbed wire

Help Support CattleToday:

Had few storms this week. Thought I'd show a good barbwire fence in action.

This won't require any thing but moving the limb. When I get to it. Wire was stretched till it broke when I built the fence. It will still be tight.

Picture doesn't do this one justice. Leon already cut a lot of firewood off this big post oak. I'll have to tighten a couple of wires when he's done. Still got a fence till then.
I'm waiting on fixing this one until I receive my prototype. Wire tighter TOOL.. ;-)

Y'all hot wire guys show us some pics.

callmefence":3gikk7v2 said:

This won't require any thing but moving the limb. When I get to it. Wire was stretched till it broke when I built the fence. It will still be tight.

Picture doesn't do this one justice. Leon already cut a lot of firewood off this big post oak. I'll have to tighten a couple of wires when he's done. Still got a fence till then.
I'm waiting on fixing this one until I receive my prototype. Wire tighter TOOL.. ;-)

Everything in life is not a competition nor needs to be tit for tat. I do not need to support the position of smooth HT wire or anything else to be able to post on this site. I do not plan to post pictures to prove a point, sell a bull or force an opinion. Life is too short for useless competition. I can tell all that we have had numerous times when 18" or 30" populars or oaks have laid a HT fence flat on the ground, I have cut a chunk out and the fences pop up. That works for me.

Ebenezer":wwcixnyr said:
callmefence":wwcixnyr said:

Everything in life is not a competition nor needs to be tit for tat. I do not need to support the position of smooth HT wire or anything else to be able to post on this site. I do not plan to post pictures to prove a point, sell a bull or force an opinion. Life is too short for useless competition. I can tell all that we have had numerous times when 18" or 30" populars or oaks have laid a HT fence flat on the ground, I have cut a chunk out and the fences pop up. That works for me.

Good discussion requires comparison. I respect your opinion, but have my own based on experience. You can certainly post whatever you dam well please old boy.
You are certainly well named. :lol:

I need to get down on the fence where the river ran thru it and take a couple of pics Fence. Makes me glad I only have 5 strands and not 10 and dang sure glad it wasn't knotted or woven fence.

greybeard":1bhqwbhz said:
I need to get down on the fence where the river ran thru it and take a couple of pics Fence. Makes me glad I only have 5 strands and not 10 and dang sure glad it wasn't knotted or woven fence.

You might want to wait a month or so before you rebuild that river fence. :D

Latest posts