Steel Toed Footware

Help Support CattleToday:

gabby":26l98gal said:
I wear steel toes. It's like seat belts. Your chances are better when you use them.
gabby.

My thoughts too.

They aren't garanteed to save your toes but if you have something heavy enough to crush the steel toe portion of the boot you can bet your toes would have been crunched to pieces without the steel toes.

I've been aweful thankful of my steel toes on a number of occasions.

i wear tehm all the time only thing i am afraid of is a peice of metal falls or large blade hits it vertically hits the metal it will glace off and cut more of my foot off

I have at least 10 pair of steel toed boots and 4 pair are steel toed cowboy boots. I wear them more than I wear regular boots know. safety is important with cattle in close places.

I wear them at work and they've saved my toes from pain & injury more times than I can count. Only problem is I have to buy socks more often cause they wear holes in them on top of the toes. Small price to pay for healthy toes & feet, though.

I wear steel toed boots almost all the time. They provide some extra protection around cattle & machinery. I also like the extra room in the boots around the toes. My prefered boot is the Wolverine Compressor, style 04248 and has "Made in the U.S.A." on them (or had it on them the last time I bought a pair which was about 3 months ago).

I wear steel toed boots almost all the time. They provide some extra protection around cattle & machinery. I also like the extra room in the boots around the toes. My prefered boot is the Wolverine Compressor, style 04248 and has "Made in the U.S.A." on them (or had it on them the last time I bought a pair which was about 3 months ago).

I wear Caterpillar steel toed boots most of time when I am working around the farm. I always wear them when working the cows or horses. Growing up all I ever wore was cowboy boots. While they did offer some protection they are a far cry from steel toed. I am not sure how many times they have at least prevented pain as stuff drops on them or they get stepped on and I don't even notice.

I watched Myth Busters one night and they poo pooed the myth of steel toes being more dangerous than non-steel toes.

I can see reasons for various safety equipment but protecting your toes from cows stepping on them? I never let a cow get close enough to step on my toes. And my cows don't let me get close enough to step on theirs. I have been kicked a lot more times than I have had my toes stepped on and that happens about a step further away.

Dave

Dave...I realize you beef folks have that clearance most of the time. I do not have the space, nor the natural fear and respect that you guys tend to take for granted. Dairy cattle are notorious for being stupid. I know of a gal that works in sandles. Not only is it highly unsanitary, she's downright unsafe.

Vicky the vet":c5ydecyr said:
Now I will put in my 2 cents worth...I've seen too many times where accidents have been prevented by wearing proper safety footwear. I am married to someone who has sold safety footwear for 26 years and am definitely biased. In my opinion, not wearing them can be downright dangerous, and they can be in the form of running shoes, boots, rubber boots, insulated winter boots...felt packs...there are literally hundreds of styles.

If you have questions about safety footwear, I can pass the questions along and get them answered...

Where can you get kid sized steel toed boots?

I dont like steel toed boots because my toes seem to get colder in them when tromping around in the snow in January

I was watching a tv show (Mythbusters) the other day that they tested to see if something heavy would really crush the steel and cut toes off. It did, but it took 1600 pounds dropping from 6 feet high falling on it.

I wear steel toe, and they dont seem to help when you get stepped on. Seems like the cattle know you have steel toe so they step where there isnt steel. They have never hit the steel, always miss it.

Latest posts