Newbie looking to use steel buildings

Help Support CattleToday:

ReyesTBilbo

Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking about starting a dairy farm. I have found a perfect empty farm for this. The price is reasonable and it stays well with in my budget. But the problem is that wooden barns over there are all unusable. I will need to build new ones. I am thinking about buying pre-fabricated steel buildings as barns.
I looked for industrial steel building manufacturers and found this one in Ontario. They seem to be good and all of their models are good.
I have two major doubts about using steel building as barns. First, Is there any restrictions for using steel buildings for live stock breeding?. Second, Does anyone has any experience with the company in the link
?. If yes, please share your experience.

:welcome: There shouldn't be any type of restrictions on what type of barns for cattle. That being said, I don't have any experience with the company in the link.

The only thing with any building is making sure that the live load and snow load are sufficient so that the roof will not collapse during the winter storms.

With a steel building, they won't catch on fire. It seems we read about 1 or 2 stories each month where facilities have burnt.

Latest posts