Starting a Ranch Selling calves

Help Support CattleToday:

fbarrera

Reaction score
Hello

I'm interested in buying a piece of land about 250 acres and getting calves from 440 pounds to 770 pounds and selling them.

I want to buy something in southern Texas.

I want to buy cattle feed but I have no idea of the average cost to get from 440 to 770.

I want to get my numbers right before I give a try I am pretty new to the Area.

Any help you can give me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

I think you would be better off letting them mainly eat grass instead of buying feed. What's the average rainfall for the area? Someone in your area might know better but I'd guess Brangus would be a good breed.

What feeds are grown in the area? Are there cheap by-product feeds available? Cheap feed can be a great thing. Freight on feed can be a killer.

fbarrera":2kymewtb said:
Hello

I'm interested in buying a piece of land about 250 acres and getting calves from 440 pounds to 770 pounds and selling them.

I want to buy cattle feed but I have no idea of the average cost to get from 440 to 770.

Thank you!

Your in luck. I'm thinking of selling some land and cattle and pursuing my dream as brain surgeon.

callmefence":2souvdr8 said:
fbarrera":2souvdr8 said:
Hello

Thank you!

Your in luck. I'm thinking of selling some land and cattle and pursuing my dream as brain surgeon.

I'll be your first patient, I could use a larger brain.

T & B farms":tseriaib said:
callmefence":tseriaib said:
fbarrera":tseriaib said:
Hello

Thank you!

I don't need a bigger one, just for mine to work.

T & B farms":bykbksjg said:
callmefence":bykbksjg said:
fbarrera":bykbksjg said:
Hello

Thank you!

I will see if bright Raven will sell his. It's the biggest and the best........if you don't believe me, just ask him. He'll tell you.

Latest posts