Startin 2 strut

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm with you seen some strutin friday I'm not any good at calling them but every now and then I find one dumb enough to come to my bad calling

I'm ready too Bigfoot. Just got done burning a round 500 acres. They absolutely love it when it's clean. 3 more weeks here till opening day.

I'm ready, but have to wait a month or so yet. I saw a big shiny one today. Seen 7 together last week, not local to me of course, all walking backwards.

I lease my deer hunting out, and the guy leaves like close to two dozen trail cameras with me. I put them all along the back of my farm, for turkey scouting. I tell myself I am patterning them. Can't tell there is any rhyme or reason to what they do.

Bigfoot":13i32au1 said:
Strutting hard again this morning.
Quit bragging dad gum it they closed our season for five years.
Seen a flock mile from the house the other day, they are releasing them again.
Can't shoot anything bigger than a 22 yet and I don't want to drive 200 miles to
hunt one.

Season don't go out here till early May. Come up and kill you one. I'll get momma to feed ya.

Thanks might do that if I can get the Dr. to release me to shoot something bigger than a 22.
I love hunting them I usually hunt with one of my black powder shotguns.
Nothing like drawing them in close and wait for the smoke to clear after the shot.
Toughest place I ever hunted was Hill County in Texas get to working on a gobbler and two
or three more would end up in my lap never making a sound. Blew my cover in every set I made
that day around a fresh plowed peanut field.

Too far! We had a bunch of young turkeys in here for a couple months over the winter -- think they were last year's hatch -- and, yes, we put out feed for them. In our part of the state, the population is just starting to make a come-back, so no season for them here. Once they figured out the lay of the land and the daily chore schedule, they'd follow hubby around waiting for their hand-outs; would come right up to the front porch with no fear of us or our mousers.

I don't know how a turkey could ever hatch a clutch here with the hogs.
I am glad the state is restocking cause we lost our turkeys in Rita for some reason.
My bottom woods looks under brushed they have rooted up or turned over
everything they are strong enough to. We have always had some hogs nothing like
this year. I have three different sounders on camera and the neighbors and I have taken
between 25 to 30 out already.

Been seeing some huge bunches here on the CA ranches. Some awful good Toms too.

Those birds better look out for that boy of yours. you have some fine birds up that way for sure.

Been decades since I saw a turkey around here. Development, fire ants, coyotes, loss of hardwood bottoms all took their toll I guess..

Season is a month away, but we sat in the blind a little while today just to watch. No calling. It really got the juices flowing. As early as spring is this year, I'm afraid the show boatin is going to be over by the time we can shoot one.

Latest posts