St. Louis Cardinals Baseball

Help Support CattleToday:

vquinn2

Reaction score
I know I know---football season has officially began--BUT how 'bout those St. Louis Cardinals!!!! They never cease to surprise us!
Valerie

I'm a Cubs fan, and I've been saying for a couple of months that I consider the Cardinals more of a threat than Milwaukee. Felt that way even when the Cardinals were still 8-9 games back.

It's amazing what they've done. Pujols started slow, Edmunds and Rolen have been hurt, and they only have one starter left from last years team (and he only has 3 or 4 wins). Yet they're still only 2 games back right now. Unless they completely collapse down the stretch, LaRussa gets my vote for manager of the year.

I'm glad football season is here, but baseball will always be my first love.

Not a cards fan but I really felt bad for the kid who got hurt the other day, hope it doesn't mess with the rest of his career.

LaRussa is amazing. Sometimes ya just gotta wonder what's going on between those ears! haha Those young guns, Ludwick, Ankiel (WOW), Ryan, etc. have gave the cards a little spunk too. Edmonds is doing amazing. And Molina...what a guy! He hits a homerun, tries to me mocho and not smile...but his entire face lights up! haha I really thought the cards were out of the race a couple of months ago...but We're BAACK! Hope they can stay healthy.

I do hope Encarnacion recovers quickly. That's soo sad. The paper said Pujols stayed until 3:00 a.m. with him at the hospital. Miles also stayed at the hospital and was shaken up after the incident. I think that team is like a family.

Plus there are a couple of OKIES on the team-Franklin and Looper!

Here we are 22 days after the last post and the Cards have really sucked it up... bad here lately. One thing about them this year as opposed to last year is there pitching this year is really bad, maybe not real bad but just not Weaver quility. If the Cards want to get back to a chance for the series again they must work on the pitching. But I will grant that if they had not had some bad luck with the health of some of the players things may have been different. Fellow Cards fans don't tear me apart too bad. I'm just as much of a Cards fan as the next but it has been kind of frustrating as a fan to go from a series win to this. As it was said some few months ago by a sports annoucer the cards really haven't done anything to improve themselves from last year winning the series and they have let there pitching go down hill.

Well Jocketty is out as GM and it looks like it is doubtful that LaRussa will be back. Sounds like it is a good time to bite the bullet and start rebuilding, just keeping a few of the present players. Only problem is the Cards don't have much in the minors to promote or to use for trade bait. And they are not big on free agents so it may be a while before they come back.

blacksnake":2lnoyvdb said:
Well Jocketty is out as GM and it looks like it is doubtful that LaRussa will be back.

I wish Walt would have taken Izzy with him. :roll:

Guess he'll be back for another season.

Uhh, do you remembeer when we had Torre? Not good. Things will be fine. Brids had a ton of injuries this year. Just need to get Mulder and Carp going. That is our #1 and #2 and a ton of payroll dollars.

Latest posts