SSS

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC":2mqf94ev said:
J. T.":2mqf94ev said:
MikeC":2mqf94ev said:
Will/can a buzzard eat a dead armadillo?
Yep. They'll eat it like a lobster; eat the meat and leave the shell behind when they're through. (Possum on a half shell) :D

Meskins down at the sod farm eat them too.

I thought even a buzzard had to draw the line somewhere.......... :lol:
My grandmother lived in Texas in the teens and twenties, before we had armadillos here in north Alabama. Anyway, she said they called them graverobbers 'cause they'd dig down in a fresh grave, get into the pine box and eat the critters eating the dearly departed!

IL Rancher":u3fn5g76 said:
Yikes... We don't get thoseblackheaded vultures up here, we just get the turkey ones (In large numbers too by the end of summer after they have raised a clutch) Never have any problems with them except they are kind of unattractive sitting on our fence posts sunning themselves...

It's really not the black headed ones unless they are a cross. It's the Mexican (or south American) vultures that are real aggressive. They can be distinquished by the whitw on their wings and the white head. Almost look like an eagle at first glance. Usually the blackheaded ones are pretty passive unless a calf is down at birth and staying down.

Edit: Well I just say in the additional post ya'll have figured this out...guess I should have read through

J. T.":2efhl7st said:
MikeC":2efhl7st said:
J. T.":2efhl7st said:
MikeC":2efhl7st said:
Will/can a buzzard eat a dead armadillo?
Yep. They'll eat it like a lobster; eat the meat and leave the shell behind when they're through. (Possum on a half shell) :D

Meskins down at the sod farm eat them too.

I thought even a buzzard had to draw the line somewhere.......... :lol:
My grandmother lived in Texas in the teens and twenties, before we had armadillos here in north Alabama. Anyway, she said they called them graverobbers 'cause they'd dig down in a fresh grave, get into the pine box and eat the critters eating the dearly departed!

EWWWWWWWWW!

Latest posts