Squeeze Chute Pricing

Help Support CattleToday:

For the tight wads (like me) and for those who have a rescue operation for mutts (like me), check this out. I'm happy with it, and know a few real cattlemen who are as well.
Not affiliated in any way, just happy with a quality product. Maybe this will help someone.

Here's a few pictures I just took. I know steel has gone up, but this was $6,600 delivered thirteen months ago. He's in southeast Oklahoma, about 2 hours from me.
3E43645D-DC27-4A53-B00D-C1533788F9C1.jpeg0D7FC9AE-277C-4392-927D-7C5CCC477C91.jpegB156678B-5696-4E74-9541-9B88835E49A1.jpeg35010BBE-3152-439A-9CF4-ADD1CA1CBB9C.jpegA31CC7B6-B682-4E8A-B09A-231EF29ABCAF.jpegB67A54E0-9F41-42F8-A4C1-1F10CEAAB812.jpeg
C3F7D19A-B064-4F38-8FE5-9A44769D14F8.jpeg

For the tight wads (like me) and for those who have a rescue operation for mutts (like me), check this out. I'm happy with it, and know a few real cattlemen who are as well.
Not affiliated in any way, just happy with a quality product. Maybe this will help someone.

Here's a few pictures I just took. I know steel has gone up, but this was $6,600 delivered thirteen months ago. He's in southeast Oklahoma, about 2 hours from me.
View attachment 13165View attachment 13168View attachment 13169View attachment 13170View attachment 13171View attachment 13172
View attachment 13173
That's a nice looking setup you have!

Our neighbor has one of those old pieces of junk (man killers) powder river chutes. He had a cow go down in it and with the pivot at the bottom of the head catch she got choked down; she was having trouble calving. In order to get her out we had to get a rope around her head and pull up out with the backhoe. It was a good thing he had his backhoe there that day. He is luck he didn't lose that cow that day. I was going to back in his stock trailer and we going to load her so he could take her down to the vet; his little Shih Tzu would not let me in the truck.

I'm taking another real hard look at everything, would like to make a decision my next week. Started looking at the GoBob chutes, apparently those are made by Ranger. The ranger xl is priced about $7,300. It's about a 5 hour drive (nothing is ever close to me it seems) but it looks like a great chute and would save me several thousand or more.

I have a Powder River XL. It has worked well for me. The biggest complaint about the old ones was the lever to operate the squeeze was built in such a manner to always get you head hit on it. They fixed that. Before I bought that chute I had a Powder River Longhorn chute which I bought used at an equipment sale. I never owned any longhorns but that chute worked great for me for years. Today the wife and I ran 11 close bred broken mouth cows I bought this week through the chute. It went smooth. I might be slightly prejudice for Powder River. The Powder River runs right through down town Baker City. Which is 30 miles from me. You might guess where Powder River first made their chutes. Also their regional sales rep is a friend of mine on facebook.

View attachment 13165View attachment 13168View attachment 13169View attachment 13170View attachment 13171View attachment 13172
View attachment 13173
I like the look of those panels. I'm assuming they're 16', any guess as to weight each? I looked at their website, the 12' panels would be attractive as a portable setup if they had a better base to prevent them from sinking in the mud and an attachment system that compensated for uneven ground - chains would be easy enough.

Well despite my "hurry" to pull the trigger, think I'm going to hold off until I get to the Louisville farm show this week and check some out in person. Anything would be better than what I have now, but being out in BFE, this will be my one chance to actually have a physical look at some different chutes. Man I hate spending money 🤪, and this is going to be a very expensive year!

I have a portable for most with most options bought with my dad about 10 years ago. Bought a non portable for a different farm 3 years ago. A farm my wife does vet work at has one we use there. Most all vet around here have for most. Everyone seems happy with them. There are a couple setting on lot at fertlizer store here in Hiseville Ky about 3.5 hours from you. If your interested. I use to hunt in barlow bottoms 20 years ago drive ain't to bad.

Most of the ranches, all the sale barns, probably all the feedlots, and one vet that I know all have silencers. I wish I had one but the price tag is too high for me at $20,000. Plus I would need to get power out to the chute, build a roof over it, and wash & wax it after every uses.

I have a portable for most with most options bought with my dad about 10 years ago. Bought a non portable for a different farm 3 years ago. A farm my wife does vet work at has one we use there. Most all vet around here have for most. Everyone seems happy with them. There are a couple setting on lot at fertlizer store here in Hiseville Ky about 3.5 hours from you. If your interested. I use to hunt in barlow bottoms 20 years ago drive ain't to bad.
I'm looking for a used For Most 450 with the manual (30T) headgate if you happen to see one sitting around.

@ Ouachita , nice set-up...if it were mine...i'd modified the squeeze chute's floor....I'd cut and take away two of those middle steel floor pans if it didn't affect the structural integrity. Let cattle ride on the dirt for better traction and jumping out of the headgate. Either that fill the area with pea gravel, sand and dirt on top of the steel.

Well despite my "hurry" to pull the trigger, think I'm going to hold off until I get to the Louisville farm show this week and check some out in person. Anything would be better than what I have now, but being out in BFE, this will be my one chance to actually have a physical look at some different chutes. Man I hate spending money 🤪, and this is going to be a very expensive year!
That is what I did a few years ago when I bought mine. It was really helpful to go and lay hands on them one right beside the other and compare features. You used to get show specials too so they didnt have to haul them home but not sure that would be the case in todays enviroment.

A8F5E5C5-2903-4B41-A44A-5F1F5E3702C7.jpeg
Well I'm glad i waited to look and compare! I was amazed at the lack of strength and poor fit/finish/welds on a lot of what i saw. I don't think any particular chute was set up 100% the way I'd have liked; at the end of the day it was between this and the arrowquip i had been originally interested in. Long story short the arrowquip would have cost a few thousand more and the international sales rep there rubbed me the wrong way. The Sioux i bought was the heaviest built of any i saw, and had the nicest welds and fit/finish of all of the ones i saw hands down.

I think i got a fair deal, and I'm glad I'm done chute shopping!
Thanks everyone for y'all's input!!!

View attachment 13419
Well I'm glad i waited to look and compare! I was amazed at the lack of strength and poor fit/finish/welds on a lot of what i saw. I don't think any particular chute was set up 100% the way I'd have liked; at the end of the day it was between this and the arrowquip i had been originally interested in. Long story short the arrowquip would have cost a few thousand more and the international sales rep there rubbed me the wrong way. The Sioux i bought was the heaviest built of any i saw, and had the nicest welds and fit/finish of all of the ones i saw hands down.

I think i got a fair deal, and I'm glad I'm done chute shopping!
Thanks everyone for y'all's input!!!
Not sure if he still does or not but the Sioux steel booth used to be set up with a member of CT. They make a nice chute for sure especially their higher end line. Congrats and I hope it serves you well.

I like the flooring in that chute, as well as the rubber flappers and caps on the drop down ends. Should help with keeping things quieter.

Seems to me that a lot of manufacturers offer a bonus to the design team that can come up with the loudest chute design.

I like the flooring in that chute, as well as the rubber flappers and caps on the drop down ends. Should help with keeping things quieter.

Seems to me that a lot of manufacturers offer a bonus to the design team that can come up with the loudest chute design.
Ain't that the truth! I was amazed how loud some of the chutes I saw were 😬. All that ruckus sure wouldn't make working my cattle any easier, that's for sure!

Latest posts