Spring weed spraying costs

Help Support CattleToday:

kscowboy

Reaction score
What are you paying to have spring weed control on pasture i.e.
chemicals and application , about 100 plus acres. Got a price here of about 9-10 per acre , whattya think ?

Depends on what they spray with if 9-10 is a good price. 2,4-d is a lot cheaper than grazon. It cost me $8.32 per acre this year to spray my own with grazon. Also the rate they spray will have a big impact on their price. The type of weeds will determine the rate needed to kill them. A lot of factors come into play and its hard to give a good answer without knowing all the perticulars. lay of land, chemical used, size of tractor, price of fuel, weeds controled, price of chemical, surfactant used, availability of water, size of sprayer, time of year, etc...

As Bama said there are a lot of variables. I did some middle summer spraying with 24D and it cost me $7.85 an acre for the chemicals. But it was a fairly high application rate on the chemicals.

thanks guys , this guy has one of the big spray rigs , said about 5 for chemical and 4-5 for application , sounds likes he's in the ballpark. He's gonna stop out and look now and we'll schedule for spring.

I appreciate your help and input ! Thanks again

One thing to be aware of is differant weeds should be sprayed at differant times for best results. In my case its wild buttercup and dog fennel. The wild buttercup can be killed easier before it blooms with less chemical. My problem is the dog fennel is not up before the wild buttercup is at the best time to spray. I have to go a with a little more chem to kill the buttercups in bloom but I can also get the dog fennel at this time. Generally the more mature a weed the more chemical required.

I have buttercups and dog fennel also. I just 'em with a 3% solution of gly4. As soon as I see the pig daisy I spray. I cant stand how that stuff smells.

Latest posts