Spring herd work

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Had spring work done on yearling heifers, and bulls today. Only 1 out of 24 heifers didn't pass pelvic measurement requirement. Over all they are a little younger, and so a little smaller this year. Also we worked 3 yearling bulls, all passed their BSE, at just short of a year old. I have had the 3 up in a lot over the winter, so we turned them out on fresh pasture today. I plan on putting them out with a small number of cows or heifers, in about 6-8 weeks.
Our most dreaded part of cattle working day, is that it's also Sam the Border Collie's, vaccination day too. Nobody got bit today so it went well.
In a few days will be getting the cows and calves up to work.

Worked mine today. Drenched with synanthic, cheap pour on, mouthed, fixed ear tags, weaned some, and moved some to a different farm. I'm pretty tired but everything went smooth and we were done about 6:00. Thankful I had some good help.

JMJ Farms":mabss3ok said:
Worked mine today. Drenched with synanthic, cheap pour on, mouthed, fixed ear tags, weaned some, and moved some to a different farm. I'm pretty tired but everything went smooth and we were done about 6:00. Thankful I had some good help.

Sounds like y'all had a busy day, glad it went well. We vaccinated with Alpha 7, and Express something or other, poured on with Cydectin.

Latest posts