Spring garden

Help Support CattleToday:

I have all my tomatoes started in my greenhouse. Onion sets went out a month ago. I already have lettuce, that started back in Dec.. I have a few other things started in the greenhouse, but i'll wait to get them out for another couple weeks.. Oh, I did get my potatoes out. Just finishing up on my canned potatoes. I have trouble with coming up with things to make with the canned potatoes. I made some potato salad yesterday, but since I always worry about botulism ( they are pressure canned), I baked the potatoes with seasonings first then cooled to make the salad.. Worked great...

String beans, sweet peas, and red potatoes planted 2 weeks ago. Onions planted in November right after Thanksgiving, Mustard and turnip greens planted at Christmas.

https://youtu.be/wxT9bqe7nbQ

I like the way they built their greenhouses. Very nice! ❤ fast forward to about 24 minutes if you don't want watch it all.

I have plants laying here and everything is ready, but the mud has to dry a little before I can get the garden started. There is time yet, but ticking, the early plants and root veggies need out before long.

Ha ha mud that's funny Trent. We are in the same state and a cactus is the only thing that you can grow here right now. Wife planted some spinach and greens the other day to try and we gotta water them if they gotta shot of making it.

SmokinM said:
Ha ha mud that's funny Trent. We are in the same state and a cactus is the only thing that you can grow here right now. Wife planted some spinach and greens the other day to try and we gotta water them if they gotta shot of making it.

That is unreal to hear. I have not checked my rain gauge, but I bet we have gotten two inches today of rain ontop of the already mud that on any slopping ground a 4x4 tractor is unsafe to travel. I hope you folks get some rain your way.

It finally got dry enough to work up the ground here, we planted red potatoes and a few Kennebecs, yellow onions, carrots, beets, lettuce, mustard, collards. I also took a chance on getting an early planting of golden queen corn and Roma beans. Will probably end up getting frosted out or poor stand and have to replant those when nights get a little warmer.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-claims-an-unexpected-victim-florida-vegetables/article_11dfd734-79a7-11ea-8f4f-1beec95f5478.html?fbclid=IwAR0zhfPOrRggmu-eo6uKCxs70b4w1GpPxyjgnRv7Ww3XSDa2mz1ewoCs0qw

Latest posts