Spraying Pond weeds

Help Support CattleToday:

How much Roundup and how much soap per gallon to treat duckweed? How many sq ft roughly do you treat per gallon. Thanks

slick4591":1knfvd64 said:
Tilapia is another with a primarily vegetarian diet.
You are right but tilapia are more picky than grass carp and will not work on some of the submerged weeds. This was from Ken Hale of Boatcycle, Inc in Henderson, TX who raises and sells tilapia.

I also asked about various formulations of 2,4-D. He also told me you have to read the label. Some formulations have aquatic weeds listed and others don't. Weedar 64 and Navigate have water lily's on the label. I have used Weedar 64 in pastures. It is a 4 lb amine formulation.

SmokinM":3l89b54v said:
How much Roundup and how much soap per gallon to treat duckweed? How many sq ft roughly do you treat per gallon. Thanks
Glyphosate (active ingredient in Rodeo or Eraser AQ which are both 53% active ingredient as compared to RoundUp which is 41%) is listed as poor for duckweed.

Go to www.aquaplant.tamu.edu and look up duckweed for your best options.

greybeard":1lh4ltz4 said:
TexasBred":1lh4ltz4 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1lh4ltz4 said:
I checked into getting some Grass Carp, but not so great timing. The DEC yearly fish sale was this past Monday!
Got it on my calendar for next March to get my permits & buy a couple.
BC great site - I bookmarked it. Carp is good for my weed.
We can get a few grass carp down here but it requires a permit from the State of Texas and a fee.

Yep, and even tho they can't reproduce, ya can't get the permit if you are in an area that public water backs up into or if your overflow leads directly to public waterways. I tried..no go for me.

I don't know what kind of carp they have in Twin Buttes Reservoir San Angelo, but those rascals really reproduce. I have seen them massed up against the big riprap along the dam in big swarms.
Fun to catch on little doughballs made of mashed up Wheaties and Big Red soda pop. They can't resist it.
Many years aggo they stocked Lake Conroe with them because hydrilla was taking over the lake. Just about ruined the lake because they DID multiply.

Latest posts