Spraying Fence Line

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":1tgi17au said:
Bright Raven":1tgi17au said:
Ebenezer":1tgi17au said:
Round up or generics are acidic. If you want it to kill smilax (greenbrier) (or think you can permanently kill privet) you add ammonium sulfate and up the RU%. It will eat the paint off of the tractor and equipment, kill the greenbrier "graveyard dead" and eat galvanizing and paint off of wire, posts, whatever. So, if you want/need to use it, spray below first wire. I never found the Remedy and Grazon to be harmful in that way.

Thanks. With most of my woven wire fence - there is no below bottom wire. It is 2 inches above ground level.

To spot spray brush, use a piece of cardboard for a backstop. Beer boxes work great. ;-)

If just spraying common weeds and grass, what is not corrosive?

Bright Raven":1676wo45 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1676wo45 said:
Bright Raven":1676wo45 said:
Thanks. With most of my woven wire fence - there is no below bottom wire. It is 2 inches above ground level.

To spot spray brush, use a piece of cardboard for a backstop. Beer boxes work great. ;-)

Imo. The best way to go is to use a good herbicide with a residual and apply it to max recommended dose once a year.
Instead of multiple spot or light applications. I'd rather get a little remedy and tordon on my fence than have it grown up with brush.
2 cents

callmefence":18t220kp said:
Bright Raven":18t220kp said:
Farm Fence Solutions":18t220kp said:

Imo. The best way to go is to use a good herbicide with a residual and apply it to max recommended dose once a year.
Instead of multiple spot or light applications. I'd rather get a little remedy and tordon on my fence than have it grown up with brush.
2 cents

As always, you demonstrate why you have been a successful man! I have clean fence lines. I just want to keep it like that. Right now I only need to control weeds, multiflora rose, the occasional shrub.

My go to mix is 1% Surmount, 1% Sendero + surfactant. This was recommended by the DOW rep to get most of my problems which are besides weeds, cedar elms, mesquites and honey locusts. According to him and verified with my results, there is no reason to get it much stronger than that for foliar spray.

This mix gets about 95% of my problems. It doesn't get some types green briar.

I guess my Gaucho 15 ½ Ga. high tensile barbed wire made in Arkansas is different or I don't get any on it. I see no corrosive effects on my fencing, wire proper or the super sharp barbs....like on regular 12ga, the barbs go first....with rust. I spray what I mentioned somewhere on here usually in the spring with a good wet covering, early in the morning with fresh, green plants abundant. Usually that does it for the year.

TennesseeTuxedo":1q141q3m said:
sstterry":1q141q3m said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1q141q3m said:
Lemon Freshened Joy makes an excellent surfactant as well.
Do you use an anti-foaming agent with the detergent?

Does diesel count?
Yes, I have always read that dish soap makes an excellent surfactant but I have always been concerned about the foaming. My only concern about using diesel is the residue when I change chemicals spray pasture ect.

Latest posts