Spraying after mowing?

Help Support CattleToday:

mab_va":1rsfizd1 said:
I got blackberry patches over 1/4 acre and the plants are 10 feet high. Any ideas? Can I bush hog something like that without popping holes in my tires?

Most definitely

dun":3kxwjo5d said:
garyws":3kxwjo5d said:
BRYANT":3kxwjo5d said:
... for all of you Blackberry pickers I have another 80 acre that has piles of them on it if you can make any money off them you are welcome to them. Here in Okla. blackberry and red cedar will take a place over fast. I could find you hundreds of acres to pick blackberries on.

Hey, Bryant. Why aren't you picking them, or having them picked? Blackberries are a valuable resource if they are in good enough condition to retail. I'm pretty sure they have to be fertilized and cared for though, just like any other crop.
You people that think they have a marketabilty obviously don;t have the dam things coming out your ears. I never have cared to eat them and got awfully tired of spending several hours a day picking them for weeks when I was a kid. I now kill every one I can. If the wife wants some I send her to a neighbor that doesn;t kill them and let her pick them to her hearts content, as long as she doesn;t expect me to eat the nasty things

Now dun you and I have never had any differences but if you go around calling blackberries nasty we are gonna be at odds :) ;-) Give me a blackberry cobbler anyday... Also I put blackberries in a bowl with sugar and milk and eat them like that.

mab_va":a6x4fcza said:
I got blackberry patches over 1/4 acre and the plants are 10 feet high. Any ideas? Can I bush hog something like that without popping holes in my tires?

Sure you can. this had a mixture of everything

IMG_20160911_140446123_zpskwlkziiq.jpg

skyhightree1":3ije5njb said:
dun":3ije5njb said:
Now dun you and I have never had any differences but if you go around calling blackberries nasty we are gonna be at odds :) ;-) Give me a blackberry cobbler anyday... Also I put blackberries in a bowl with sugar and milk and eat them like that.
Nasty, nasty, nasty

dun":bsd466ln said:
skyhightree1":bsd466ln said:
dun":bsd466ln said:
Nasty, nasty, nasty

No Christmas card for you :lol2:

skyhightree1":2gvvcoxu said:
mab_va":2gvvcoxu said:

The ones I mowed were that tall on a smaller tractor. Them things about eat me up. I just knew there was gonna be a wasp nest with 10000 wasp on it somewhere in there.

Craig Miller":2dwvdahc said:
skyhightree1":2dwvdahc said:
mab_va":2dwvdahc said:

The ones I mowed were that tall on a smaller tractor. Them things about eat me up. I just knew there was gonna be a wasp nest with 10000 wasp on it somewhere in there.

Funny you mentioned that I found a wasp nest and a bumble bee next in a barrel that was cut in half I figured I escaped sting free I should quit for the day

:x I drove off into a mess like that one time and found out the hard way, there was a 8' wide, 4' deep canal running thru the middle of it. :x

greybeard":3nlv95yb said:
:x I drove off into a mess like that one time and found out the hard way, there was a 8' wide, 4' deep canal running thru the middle of it. :x

:frowns: :frowns: :yuck: :yuck: OUCH. What did you tear up and what did it cost ya???

I usually attack the big patches in reverse and back into the mess. Once it's down to a managable size I hit it with the front. For really big patches I've sprayed as much as I could reach. As it died I would BH that and attack more with the sprayer until I had it pretty whipped. Then I could hit it with the boom sprayer instead of the hand wand and that pretty well finished them up. I;ve got one more large patch to do. It's in a wildlife area that I don;t see very often and forget that it needs attention.

dun":n4kqjl3c said:
I usually attack the big patches in reverse and back into the mess. Once it's down to a managable size I hit it with the front. .

That's what I usually do but was sure there wasn't anything for me to hit in that spot. When I bush hog new places I reverse.

skyhightree1":2lw39oo3 said:
dun":2lw39oo3 said:
I usually attack the big patches in reverse and back into the mess. Once it's down to a managable size I hit it with the front. .

That's what I usually do but was sure there wasn't anything for me to hit in that spot. When I bush hog new places I reverse.
I do it so I don't get the hoses and stuff under the tractor snarled with the bushes

greybeard":4amoyv7z said:

I did that as well mowing hay once. The only thing I tore up was my unders.

dun":3oudfmys said:
I usually attack the big patches in reverse and back into the mess. Once it's down to a managable size I hit it with the front. For really big patches I've sprayed as much as I could reach. As it died I would BH that and attack more with the sprayer until I had it pretty whipped. Then I could hit it with the boom sprayer instead of the hand wand and that pretty well finished them up. I;ve got one more large patch to do. It's in a wildlife area that I don;t see very often and forget that it needs attention.

Good idea thanks

garyws":zuk2jijp said:
Wonder how many birds we kill by spraying a few blackberries? Come on guys! Plow um up!
Probably very few compared to all the bird nests you are suggesting to be plowed under.....

garyws":7zaqskgb said:
Wonder how many birds we kill by spraying a few blackberries? Come on guys! Plow um up!
You have not messed with very many blackberries that will only make them worse. I'm not dealing with a few I am dealing with several acres. I don't want to hurt anyone on here but to be quite honest with you I don't have my place for the birds and could care less if it killed some. They don't pay for my land but I don't think it will you don't have to even remove the cows when you spray. Plus a bird is hard to poison they have a crawl and gizzard. and there is no blackberries on the vines now either.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: don't know why I let guys like this get under my skin :bang: :bang:

Latest posts