Sprayer dye

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find some dye to add to my chemical sprayer? Trying to spot spray multi flora roses. I been thinking about using surmount anyone find anything better? need something that is safe for use with cattle.

MFR is actaully pretty easy to kill. Roundup when it's leafed out will do the job.

Do you know of a dye , that would be safe to use with grazing cattle, that I could use to see the ones I sprayed? The only dye I can find has grazing restrictions.

I haven't found any. I've tried using RIT the clothing dye and a couple of others of that type including food dye. I'm afraid if I got one to eork I'ld have to use so much that it would be a lot more then the cost of the herbicide.

When spraying mesquite with a sprayer on the 4wheeler,about 15 min any die I tried would dissapear. So I got a toilet paper roll and would put a strip on the tree. I could tell which I sprayed real easy that way, and after a few wks the paper dissapeared.

Cal

Any farm store that sells chemicals should carry the dye. I had a friend use some last year and he said it was a waste of money. The grass was green when he sprayed. It might show up on dead brown grass though. I think it costs like 18-20 dollars a gallon. I used liquid dishwashing detergent as a surfactant and just watched my tractor tracks in the field.

I've used a product called "bigfoot" sprayer dye. It's blue. It does a good job but cost $15.00 per tank so I came up with the idea of mounting a 15 gallon sprayer on the back of the 300 gallon one and running 1 nozzel outto the end of the boom. It worked real good except when I hit a bump the smaller pump loses it's prime. I got the dye at the local farm coop. I've founf most places that sell chemicals either have a dye or can order one for you. It is safer for the cattle then the chemical you are marking, they don't seem to care if the grass is green or blue :lol2:

Call a golf course in the area and ask them what they use. I got some from a golf course before (but I do not remember the name brand). It dyed the chemical blue and worked great.

Latest posts