spray chemical help

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":1a18j77k said:
greybeard":1a18j77k said:
M-5":1a18j77k said:

This is what I'm trying to kill.

Looks like what we call a grape holly or mahoney. I haven't had much of it at all.

you want some????
Thanks--your generosity knows no bounds, but I have plenty of American Holly and yaupon to get me thru the grey dreary winters.

NECowboy":2lmxgemy said:
Do any of y'all have a kudzu problem? I probably should not have said the dreaded k word.

Look up the protein content of kudzu, I'd graze the **** out of it.

kudzu is a mighty fine forage. the problem is when its not in the pastures and it consumes the ditches and fences. I have never seen it out of control where animals can eat it . but have seen it go unchecked in places where they cant. I do not have any here but there is plenty around . Im gonna run down to the store tomorrow and pick up a jug of crossbow and if weather permits Spray this weekend

What will kill Privit? It is an evergreen bush with loads of berries also. In the winter I can cut them and spray the stumps with garlon and it works great but have not had as good luck spraying the bush.

M-5":3ns0f6kw said:
Im gonna run down to the store tomorrow and pick up a jug of crossbow and if weather permits Spray this weekend

You can make Crossbow a lot cheaper than you can buy it, generic 2,4d and Remedy is the equivalent.

I don't know of anything you can broadcast that won't also kill the grass. Might have to go the pigweed route... pull them up. I had a bunch in a fence row last year. Sprayed all kinds of stuff on it, from 24D to Roundup to Gramoxone. Everything I used would knock the leaves off, but after a few months they would come back to life. Once winter showed up, you know 80 degrees, we pulled them up. A few tried to come back from old roots, but they were easy to kill with the fence row concoction this spring when very small. Wish I knew of something, because pulling weeds/bushes sucks.

Latest posts