Spotting black cattle at night

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
Glue a small strip of reflective tape to a eartag and you can see them at night with a flashlight much easier.

Bama":7165kj9w said:
Glue a small strip of reflective tape to a eartag and you can see them at night with a flashlight much easier.

I figure if they are out and about at night it is likely there is little you can do - so I generally wait until daylight to go looking.

You really go to that trouble with tags? :shock:

Bez!

Or you can fit them with those sneakers with the blinking lights on them!

No, I normally don't go to that much trouble. I had some once that had access to some timbered areas overgfrown in kudzu. I work second shift and I would check them at night when I had some heifers ready for calving. I used the reflectors on them and it worked great. The wooded area wasn't very deep. They like to get in there. The truck lights at night would shine off the tags. It made it a lot easier to find em. I normally don't put heifers in a area like that if they are getting ready to give birth. Most of the time the heifers go into a pen closer to the house. Putting the strips on the tags wasn't really a problem as I just glued some strips across the bottom and used them as needed.

jw":24rovg9a said:
My favorite episode of cops was the one where the criminal was running from the cops at night through the park. He had on some of those nifty shoes. They just tracked the blinking light.

Those shoes and pants around their knees make perfect atrie for criminals. Keeps the cops from working as hard.

Tod Dague":3jzppvtt said:
jw":3jzppvtt said:
My favorite episode of cops was the one where the criminal was running from the cops at night through the park. He had on some of those nifty shoes. They just tracked the blinking light.

Those shoes and pants around their knees make perfect atrie for criminals. Keeps the cops from working as hard.
I was in two stores Sat. night and saw a sight to behold in each. Person(?) walking around holding their pants up with their hand. Later saw one sitting on a curb and it appeared his pants had come down below his...well, you know. He had on a shirt that reached pretty close to his knees. That was his only salvation. :shock:

Another one was walking around with a t shirt that read, "If you see the police, Warn a bro." This was in a store where deputies were working as security men. They should not have to put up with this, nor should anyone else.

Since this is the tips board and I don't want to be accused of participating in a hi-jacking, I will offer a tip,

Keep your powder dry boys.

Paint neon pink spots on them. You will also have the added benefit of being able to lease them out for the production of "Brokeback Mountain II"

Maybe this should go under the "if I was an inventor"....but the mrs. thinks they should have glow in the dark ear tags, like the frizzbees they used to have. or reflector type tags like the ones for your dog. i would pay extra.

LMAO.........glow in the dark tags on black cows; boy you would get about a 2 second warning that you were going to be freighttrained by a new black momma! :p :p :lol: ;-)

Latest posts