Spotted Brahmans with looooong ears

Help Support CattleToday:

I am with you Rafter! I would love to have one for myself. :D
Kind of hard to find nice ones around here though. In fact that is how I ended up with the Brangus. I had stopped in at a ranch that had a grey Brahman heifer in the field out front. I offered to buy her. The women that I met that day was a Brangus breeder. She said, "you don't want that heifer, and I wouldn't sell her to you! She won't breed." I looked at her Brangus and bought a couple of heifers. She taught me how to show them, and loaned me her bull for several years. We have been best friends now for 15 years or so!
And It all started with a pretty little Brahman heifer that I wanted. :D

Put that sucker on a good herd of highlander cows and you would have something that the salebarns would really notice.

Id have to stop and think about taking a dozen of them for 3 grand, let alone one. But as long as I could flip them on the way home I would.

Andyva":1379w7bi said:
Put that sucker on a good herd of highlander cows and you would have something that the salebarns would really notice.
I assume you forgot to put the big smiley at the end of that. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":pvc5sjnj said:
Andyva":pvc5sjnj said:
I assume you forgot to put the big smiley at the end of that. :mrgreen:

The folks at the auction barn would notice them all right. They might not bid on them, but they would notice.

Andyva":1eu5hpz8 said:

Sounds like the pedigree of someone named Chew Bacca.

3waycross":2h0xwdcg said:
Andyva":2h0xwdcg said:

Sounds like the pedigree of someone named Chew Bacca.
Recipe for a registered Hi-Bra. Hardy in any weather, guaranteed herd changers.

There was a lady around here use to advertise them on CL and a few other sites and she wanted an arm and a leg. Seen some at the Waco sale barn 4-5 years ago these two guys went crazy for them. Don't remember what they went for but to high, me and a few order buyer got a good laugh.

wacocowboy":2qr9rinw said:
There was a lady around here use to advertise them on CL and a few other sites and she wanted an arm and a leg. Seen some at the Waco sale barn 4-5 years ago these two guys went crazy for them. Don't remember what they went for but to high, me and a few order buyer got a good laugh.
Those were probably the same guys who would get in a bidding war on a holstein bull calf that the guy next door at the dairy was giving away.

wacocowboy":odyrcxfp said:
You ever go to the Waco sale TB? If you haven't you should, I seen crap sell at a premium there.
Never been there Waco. Heard several on here reference it though. Sounds like you better know what your'e doing if you go there.

If they were heifers and the price was right I would buy them. Would make sure they had a place to get if it got to cold and breed them to a Char. or Angus bull. And the steer will take a little hit but the heifer would be kept for cows and if you wanted to sell the heifers they would bring top dollar. If you live much further north than Okla. you best stay away from them and if you don't know how to handle this kind of stock you best stay away from them.

I wonder if their spots would be easier to hide than spots on a long horn ?? I think they would ???