Spoiled like a millennial

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
I've had it good over the last year, especially when it comes to my current AI tech. He lives fairly close. He works on a dairy so he has two shifts that plays into my schedule well. He is darn good at what he does, and gets my cows bred. He has no problem coming and catching singles that I catch in heat (I keep a good calender so I try to keep surprises to a minimum ..). He also communicates well, which I appreciate greatly these days, even if it's him letting me know he won't be available.

But, I'm leaving him, and wish I could take him with. But life isn't that easy. So, I thought I would start here, asking for yalls help, trying to find the best replacement as we make our move to Kentucky.

So, does anyone know of techs in Woodford Co. or approx. a 20-30 mile radius? Thanks in advance.
Justin

torogmc81":330k6cuo said:
I've had it good over the last year, especially when it comes to my current AI tech. He lives fairly close. He works on a dairy so he has two shifts that plays into my schedule well. He is darn good at what he does, and gets my cows bred. He has no problem coming and catching singles that I catch in heat (I keep a good calender so I try to keep surprises to a minimum ..). He also communicates well, which I appreciate greatly these days, even if it's him letting me know he won't be available.

But, I'm leaving him, and wish I could take him with. But life isn't that easy. So, I thought I would start here, asking for yalls help, trying to find the best replacement as we make our move to Kentucky.

So, does anyone know of techs in Woodford Co. or approx. a 20-30 mile radius? Thanks in advance.
Justin

Don't know specifically anyone in that area, but there is an ABS rep service out of Richmond, KY. You may could check with the Woodford County Extension agent, they may know of someone local.

Kenley Conner (Select Sires) is west of you in Hodgenville but those guys have regular routes to keep. I would doubt he could provide custom service. He taught the AI class I took in Maysville several years ago. You would be better served to take a class.

Bright Raven":ssxac75i said:
Kenley Conner (Select Sires) is west of you in Hodgenville but those guys have regular routes to keep. I would doubt he could provide custom service. He taught the AI class I took in Maysville several years ago. You would be better served to take a class.

I've talked to Kenley a few times now, he's been a great help and source along with some others. Even was able to catch him breeding cows at my neighbors place, less than a mile up my new road. Kenley was also referred to me by my SS sales rep back in IL as I was on the way out
Thanks again BR

Latest posts